Chapter 11: Pillowtalk

Start from the beginning

"Am I still dreaming?" He murmured as he continued to kiss me. He spun me around in his arms and softly pressed his lips to mine. I melted into the kiss, never wanting the moment to end. Frankly, I wondered if I was still dreaming too. I never thought this moment would happen.

"Yes, you're asleep," I giggled after I pulled away.

"I thought I'd never wake up in the morning after a night of amazing sex to the smell of a pretty girl cooking me breakfast and some fifties music playing in the back," he smiled and kissed me again. I smiled into the kiss. Hearing the toast pop, I turned around and began putting everything on the plates. He poured coffee for both of us.

"Oh, so I'm a pretty girl now?" I teased, handing him his plate.

"You always were a pretty girl," he smiled, moving to the other side of the breakfast bar and sitting down. He began eating his breakfast when after he took the first bite, said, "I love it when you cook."

"You better. Otherwise, you'd actually have to learn." He chuckled at the comment. We finished eating breakfast, and just as I went to clear the counter, he stood up and took the plates for me.

"I'll get those for ya," Ugh, he was so sweet. While he had his back turned, I stared at him with a huge grin plastered across my face. He was just so perfect. Everything about this moment was just so perfect. So peaceful, so... happy. It was the first time I had been truly happy since that night. This was what I wanted to wake up to every morning for the rest of my life. But a sudden knock on the door ruined my happy thoughts. I opened the door, expecting it to be a neighbour or something, but Steve stood on the other side.

"Hey, Briar. Sorry, did I wake you?" He looked at me up and down with a perplexed look on his face. Did I have something on my face?

"Oh, no come in," I let him in the apartment and shut the door.

"Mornin' Steve," Bucky said as he continued with the dishes, "I thought you were supposed to be back at the Tower today."

"I figured you guys might need some help with the move, so I came over..." Steve trailed off, still looking me up and down. Then it hit me- I was still wearing Bucky's clothes. Shit, how was I going to explain that one?

"Oh, sorry, we would've been ready had we known you were coming over," he stated, "I'll just take a shower when I'm done-"

"No it's okay, I'll finish up with the dishes, you go," I cut him off.

"You sure, doll? You made breakfast,"

"Yeah, I've got it. Go take your shower and help Steve out. I'll take one after you," I told him. He nodded and went off to the bathroom. Once Bucky was out of earshot, Steve immediately turned to me, and furrowed his brow.

"What was that?" He folded his arms into his chest.

"What was what?" I shrugged, focusing my attention on drying and putting the dishes away.

"That!" He exclaimed, "so he calls you 'doll' now?'"

"It's a term of endearment, what's the big deal?"

"You're wearing his shirt,"

"I packed my pyjamas by accident, Bucky lent me a t-shirt-"

"And underwear?" Steve exclaimed, "and what with the big red mark on your neck?"

"Burnt myself straightening my hair last night," I shifted my hair to cover the rest of the large hickey on my neck. I knew he couldn't see how big it really was, but I knew he'd ask questions.