𝐜𝐮𝐩𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬.

Start from the beginning

Shotaro : "oopsie.."

Yuta chucked as he patted the boy's back.

Yuta : "It's ok baby, we'll clean it up after~"

He helped the latter fill up the measuring cup again, making sure this time all of it went into the bowl.  Shotaro smiled giddily as he looked at Yuta's phone for the next step, getting excited for the decorating part.

Yuta : "Papa will put the baking powder and salt in since we don't need a lot."

He added the rest of the ingredients and stirred before grabbing a separate bowl for the wet ingredients.

Yuta : "Okay now we need to heat up some butter in the microwave for a little then mix it together with some sugar until it becomes fluffy."

The caregiver got a half a stick of butter and put it in the microwave for about 10 seconds then took it out and stirred it with some sugar like the recipe said.
Shotaro watched in amusement as the mixture grew fluffy.

Shotaro : "can shota taste it papa?"

He was about to dip his finger in until Yuta stopped him by grabbing his wrist gently.

Yuta : "No no baby, it's going to taste yucky.
Plus it'll taste way better when we take them out of the oven and decorate them~"

The little pouted but smiled when he remembered he got to help decorate.

Shotaro : "otay papa!
shota be good an' wait~"

Yuta : "That's my good boy~
Now we need to add 2 eggs, want to help papa crack them?"

Shotaro nodded ecstatically as Yuta grabbed the carton of eggs, grabbing two of them, handing one to the latter.

Shotaro : "papa cwack one an' shota cwack dis one!"

He tried to crack it gently against the side of the bowl but forgot how brittle eggs were.
The egg shell broke in half, resulting in the yolk and eggs white to splatter over the counter.

Shotaro teared up as he looked at the egg shell in his hand.

Shotaro : "shota kweep messin' up... jus' wanted to mwake yummy cwupcakes!"

Yuta smile faltered as he tried to think of something to cheer up his baby.

Yuta : "Hey baby look.
Even papa makes mistakes~"

Shotaro looked up confused as he saw his caregiver crack an egg on the counter, watching it drip onto the floor.
He sniffled as he giggled a little.

Shotaro : "papa mwade a mwess~"

They both laughed as Yuta cracked another 2 eggs making sure they both got in the bowl as well, without any shells trying to sneak their way in.

Yuta : "Now daddy has to move all of this to the stand mixer and let it mix everything together."

He added everything into the standing mixer and added a little vanilla extract before turning it in, letting it do all of the work, knowing that if he hand mixed it, his arms would be sore for weeks.

Yuta : "Oh wait we need to add another half a cup of flour in as it spins.
Do you want to do it baby?"

He looked over to the quiet little and smiled.
Shotaro shook his head no as he looked down at his feet.