𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺

☀︎︎𓆉☀︎︎𓇽☀︎︎

☀︎︎𓆉☀︎︎𓇽☀︎︎

It's a Thursday afternoon and I'm absolutely wiped out.

I can take a nap but I'm home alone for the first time in like ages, so I don't want to waste it.

But I'm so bored and tired, maybe I should go over to Alex's house. I bet he could use some company.

Just as I'm about to put on my shoes I hear the doorbell ring.

"Uh who could that be?"

I walk up to the door and see a very frantic Alex.

"What are you doing here?" I say with a huge smile. This is the first time he's ever been over to my house.

"SobasicallyIhavetogotoworkbutmysiblingsbabysittercancelledandIhavenooneelsetoaskbutmymomsaidtoaskyou." he said in one breath, and very quickly I may add.

"Oh uh sure.."

Should I be hurt that the only reason he's at my house is because he wants me to do him a favor?

I don't think I should think much of it.

"Thank you so much" he says, then runs off back to his house.

About 10 minutes later he comes back with his baby brother and sister, a huge bag, and a wallet.

"Ok so uh, I'm not going to be back until like 10:50. And i'm just going to pay you 100 if that's ok"

"Oh no no no, you don't have to pay me. This is what friends do!"

He seemed a little taken back after I said that. Again I don't know if I should feel offended by that.

"I don't know, I would feel rude not to. So uh I'm just going to put it down here and go"

He places the money on the table and then leaves.

☀︎︎𓆉☀︎︎𓇽☀︎︎

About 3 hours later it's 10:13, I've finally gotten the twins to sleep.

The movie we were watching is about halfway finished, so I just put my attention back onto the tv.

☀︎︎𓆉☀︎︎𓇽☀︎︎

The doorbell rang again.

"Oh god"

I make my way to the door and open it. It's Alex, and he looks terrible.

"Oh my god are you ok?"

"Ya I'm fine, anyways I'm here for my brother and sister"

His hair was a mess and he had a dirt streak of his face, his arm was bleeding and he was slightly limping. On top of that he looked like he was sleep walking.

"I can help you take them back to your house if that's ok"

"Yea, that's fine I guess."

We make it out side and down my porch steps, i'm holding his brother and he's holding his sister, along with the huge bag filled with supplies.

While we're walking to his house I catch a glance of his bike. It has leaves sticking out of it.

"What the hell" I say to myself.

"So uh what happened?" I say as he's opening his front door.

"Oh uh I just feel in a ...ditch"

I start laughing and then he breaks a smile.

"It wasn't one of my brightest moments" he says while laughing. Gosh, he has a pretty smile, and his laugh doesn't make me want to shoot myself.

We go upstairs and place them on their beds, then go downstairs.

"Thanks for doing this, I guess this means I owe you"

"Oh you don't owe my anything. Anyways goodnight"

He says goodnight back and I make my way back home. Now I can finally go to sleep.

Today wasn't so terrible.

☀︎︎𓆉☀︎︎𓇽☀︎︎