secret whispers

powerless-knight bestie this is all your fault

plot: it gets heated in the library

student!awsten x student!OC
smut

The public library truly was a beautiful place. Its gothic architecture attracted many tourists. Though, those would never go there to read a book, but to pose in front of it for their instagram.

However, when you're a university student, you do none of those things. Luna and Awsten had been sitting in there for hours, reading books and taking notes with no end in sight. The library didn't allow taking some of its older books home, because they were simply too precious.

If Luna's schedule hadn't been already filled with having to read those goddamn books for class, she would've filled it with ranting about how outdated the education system was for basing their knowledge around books that were a hundred years old.

Awsten groaned, putting his pen down and rested his head on the table. "I'm fried.", he said.

Luna looked up from her notes. She was sitting across from him and pushed her bag of snacks towards him with a nod. "Maybe that'll help.", she whispered, not wanting to disturb other people studying.

Awsten glanced at her briefly, not bothering to even lift his head up from where it was resting on the table comfortably. He fumbled around the bag, trying to find its opening. The crisp sound was bouncing off the shelves and filling up the room, seeming way louder than it usually would be. A librarian sent him a disapproving look.

Awsten quickly looked away, not wanting her to see his annoyed eye-roll. He couldn't help being a noisy person, it was just the way he naturally was. Granted, being clumsy wasn't the most glamorous personality trait, but at least it was good for laughs.

Luna quietly chuckled, "Annoying the librarian again, are we?"

She stretched her legs out, trying to locate her boyfriend's feet underneath the table. She gently nudged his leg, making a wicked grin appear on Awsten's face. He playfully nudged her back, before straightening out his back.

They started dating two months prior, after bumping into each other on campus. Awsten had handed her a flyer for his band's show and quickly scribbled his phone number on it. Luna found it quite adorable and invited him on a coffee date. They hit off instantly.

Exam season was about to start, but the two had the unbefitting habit of always getting distracted with one another when they had actually planned to just study. The public library was good for the whole sake of that not happening again and to actually focus on studying and not on the reward later. However, Awsten couldn't focus on the pages in front of him anymore, as he pushed a hand through his green hair and leant back in his seat.

"Do you want to get dinner later?", he asked, breaking his girlfriend's concentration again.

She shot him a tight-lipped smile, "Sorry, I'm going to see my sister tonight."

Awsten sighed and reached out for the book in front of Luna. With a thud, he closed it. "Then pay attention to me now. Please?", he sent her his sweetest look, making it hard for her to deny him, "We got so much further than usual.", he added.