dancing with the devil

plot: OC teaches Awsten how to dance, but it leads to much more.

part 2 of mushy gushy
quarantine, the duality of awsten, bit of sauciness

Eliza wasn't kidding when she said she could keep Awsten busy for another two lockdowns with teaching him how to dance.

They had cleared out the living room to get enough space. Awsten had even put on his typical workout clothes, which meant shorts, a tank top and a pair of tennis socks he jokingly pulled way too high up.

He was currently doing jumping-jacks as "warm-up" and Eliza sent him a look of "really?"

For a touring musician, his ability to pick up on movements was weirdly off. He had his fair share of go-to moves he did on stage to hype up a crowd, but that was as far as it got with him.

Eliza's first deed was fixing Awsten's horrendous posture. She pressed one of her hands against his lower back, whilst the other pushed back his shoulders to successfully send him into an upright position.

"I love you, but your posture has been bothering me since the first time I saw you.", she admitted.

Awsten sent her a bewildered look, "Wait, seriously?"

"Mmh", Eliza nodded, now taking in her boyfriend's fixed posture, "Much better."

She wanted to teach him how to do the discofox, since it was the simplest and most useful dance she could think of.

"I'm going to show you a video of what we're about to do, just so that you have an idea of what it's supposed to look like.", Eliza told him and pressed play on a youtube video.

The basic timing and steps were easy enough, it consisted of a simple "step-step-tap". Eliza hoped that, as a musician Awsten would have no trouble holding a count, so the difficulty wouldn't lay there.

The difficult part would be where the figures came in, like twirls, throw-outs and catches. Eliza assumed that she could get Awsten to do a twirl at most. Because for one, he didn't believe in his abilities and two, he was thick-skulled like a bull.

As expected, Awsten raised his thick eyebrows sceptically at the video in front of him.

"I can't do that.",  he dead-panned.

"We'll get there don't worry.", Eliza insisted and without hesitation she started to play a song on her phone.

"I'm going to be the lead here. You just have to follow what I do."

Eliza initiated the handhold, with one of her hands on Awsten's shoulder blade and his hand resting on her upper arm.

"Traditionally, it's the male that leads. But like, fuck gender roles and you have no clue what you're doing anyways.", Eliza smiled as she took the first inside step.

Awsten tried to follow her movements as best as he could, as she repeated "One-Two-Tap, One-Two-Tap"

It took a couple of times going back and forth for Awsten to really get the hang of it, much to his frustration.