"Your father picked you for a reason, Audrey. He is a wise man, I'm pretty sure he did the right decision. And so what if you fuck up? Who hasn't fucked up in life before? No one is perfect, we all make mistakes. Heck, I messed up 33 years ago big time when my father made me leader of the Italian Mafia. I didn't just accidentally kill my girlfriend at the time during a mission, but also killed up to 20 of our men." He leans forward on the desk and continues. "Everyone fucks up. So what if you mess up? You'll learn from it."

I look out of the window. "You're right." I sigh, "Fine. I'll do it. I'll lead the mafia." I decide.

"Great," Giovanni smiles, "Congratulations." He gets up and so do I. "Are there any papers I should sign or something?" I asked confused, I've never done this before. Giovanni looks around a shrugs. "I don't know. When I was handed over the mafia all my dad did was give me a tap on the shoulder and say 'The mafia is all yours, kiddo.' and gave me a thumbs up."

"Oh. Well, I don't know. Let's celebrate?" I suggest, and he nods. Carlos walks in with Elena right on time. "Did I hear someone say we are gonna celebrate?" Carlos says excitedly, "I have confetti in the car for a prank I was gonna pull on Nolan that I never did. What's the occasion?"

"Well, Audrey here is the heir of the mafia, and she just took over the mafia. You are looking at the Spanish Mafia's newest leader." Giovanni smiled at me.

"Congratulations, Audrey." Elena says and gives me a warm hug. As I hug her I look up at Carlos and see him give me a sad smile. I mouth, 'what's wrong?' and he shakes his head lightly and gives me a more genuine smile. Elena pulls back from the hug. "I'll go up and call Viola and Nolan to come down so we celebrate. Gio, go tell Rose to come and call Fluerie and see if she can come over and celebrate even if its not the weekend."

Elena turns and goes upstairs to call Nolan and Viola, and before Giovanni turns to go find Rose somewhere in the backyard probably, Carlos goes up to him and whispers something in his ear. "I'll go grab champagne to celebrate." Carlos steps back and leaves.

Giovanni turns around, looks at Carlos, then to me. "Audrey," He calls my name. "Yeah?" I answer.

"Do you want to stay in the alliance between your mafia and ours?" He asks.

I stay silent, and he continues. "I know you hate Carlos and probably weren't able to tolerate him this whole time. Your reactions to me and your father making you guys do shit together say so. And I totally understand if you want to end the alliance between our Mafia's, its your choice after all now that your in charge and make the decisions. And even if you do end the alliance, give me a call if you ever need help in anything. We will gladly help you. I enjoyed you guys' presence and created a strong bond with Emilio."

I still stay silent. I look behind him and see Carlos slightly looking over his shoulder and listening in, but pretending he isn't and is actually grabbing champagne glasses for us to drink from.

"Do you have a decision now, or do you need time?" Gio asks and I snap my gaze back to him.

I quickly glance at Carlos once more then look Giovanni in the eyes and say in a low voice, "Give me time, I'll think about it." Giovanni nods and smiles.

Elena walks down the stairs with Viola and Nolan. She looks over at Giovanni and yells, "Gio! Didn't I tell you to get Rose and tell her to call her daughter 3 minutes ago!" She says frustratedly.

"I was just about to go do that, El!" Giovanni says and quickly turns to go call Rose.

Yup, Carlos definitely acts just like his father.

Elena shakes her head a chuckles. We all go to the living room, and Carlos follows us with champagne and glasses. "Congrats bae!" Viola runs over and hugs me. Tight. Like, real tight. I'm choking now. Viola realizes she is choking the shit out of me and pulls away. "Sorry!" She laughs.

Nolan congratulates me and gives me a fist bump once he saw Carlos glare at him when he tried to give me a hug. Giovanni then walks in with Rose who congratulates me and says Fluerie couldn't make it but says she is so happy for me. We all sit down, and I'm seated by Carlos.

Viola blasts out loud music and we all cling our glasses together and take a sip of champagne Carlos just poured for us all.

︎᯽︎᯽︎᯽

Its now 2:30am. Everyone went to sleep about 3 and half an hours ago, but Carlos and I stayed up. He is leaning back into the couch and I'm resting my head in his lap while I look out of the open window right infront of us and gaze at the shimmering stars in the sky. He is slowly stroking my hair and running his fingers through it once in a while. I look up at Carlos whose face is perfectly exposed from the dark by the moonlight coming from outside.

"You're so beautiful." I slur, still a little drunk from the champagne we had two or three hours ago. Carlos looks down at me and gives me the most adorable smile in the world, and I catch him blushing a little.

"Your drunk, Audrey. You don't mean that." He smiles and continues to stroke my hair.

"Nope. I mean it." I giggle like an eight year old, "you're so so beautiful." I continue to giggle continuously, and his smile grows bigger by every giggle. "Drunk words are sober thoughts, aren't they?" I slur, "or is drunk throughts are sober words?" I ask myself but shrug and giggle again.

"You got it right the first time, mrs giggles." He laughs at my childishness. I give him a weird smile and stretch my hands up to cup his cheeks. He places his hands over my hands and slowly strokes my hand with his thumb. I look into his pretty green eyes glowing in the moonlight.

"You really are the most beautiful boy I've even laid eyes on." I whisper, still slurring a little.

"And you're the most beautiful girl I've ever fucking laid eyes on." He whispers back as he plants the most heavenly kiss on my forehead.

"Dio, il tuo sorriso e la tua risatina sciocca mi fanno innamorare di te ogni giorno di più, Audrey." He whispers. His eyes shimmer from the moonlight glow, and I see him tear up and smile as his fingers run through my hair.

I didn't understand shit he said, but his smile was driving me insane and I can't tell if it is because I'm drunk or not. But right now all I'm craving is another sweet, soft kiss from him, not on my forehead but on my lips.

"Kiss me." I slur.

I pull him in but he pulls back.

"No, Audrey. Not while you're drunk." He flashes me a smile. As always, one of the most adorable smiles in the world.

"Now, lets take you up to bed, its getting late." He carefully picks me up as if I'll break and shatter into a million pieces if he dropped me, and took me up to his room where I knocked out and went to sleep as soon as he put me on his bed and covered me up.

author's note
hi guys long time no see.

pls point out any spelling/grammar mistake
in the comments to fix !!