Chapter One-The decision

Elena was gone, and the gods still stood in front of her as she struggled to close the gate. Dorian's father had offered himself up and then he, too, was gone. 

     "Your friends are gone, and you have no power against us," Deanna sneered. "You will have an ordinary gift at the end, and where will that get you, girl?"

     Aelin saw their power through tired eyes. Her plan might kill her, and the gate would stay open, but... No. She had to try. 'My name is Aelin Ashryver Galathynius and I will not be afraid.' 

     That thought gave her hope. "No. I'm not done yet." Her voice was gravely and weak, and standing was harder than lifting a boulder, but she had to try. 

     She felt Deanna's and Mala's and Hellas and all of the gods powers- and then, she took. Holding the gate open with half a thought, she tore the gods powers and made them her own, some going into the lock. 

     The gods' screamed as their powers were ripped from them, but she took and took until there was nothing left to take.

     As the gods' growled and threatened her, snarling and spitting and insulting her, she smiled. "My name is Aelin Ashryver Galathynius, and I am not afraid." And then, she closed the gate, sealed the lock, and dived into the portal. 

     Worlds flickered by, jungles and oceans, rivers and mountains. She felt a tug and smiled. Rowan had inked wyrdmarks into her tattoo, leading her home. 

     She was going too fast, she had to slow down or she would miss her world, and never see her friends and family and mate again, never see Evangeline or Fleetfoot or Fenrys or Gavriel or Aedion- and then she was in a world so beautiful that Aelin knew she would always remember it. 

     A mountain with three stars above it, and a pregnant female and her mate, a male with bat-like wings sat upon the roof of a snowy cabin. The male sent a tendril of darkness out to her, slowing her down, and she inclined her head, even as he placed a hand over his heart. 

     And then she was back in her world, in her own body. Aelin gasped a breath, and fell to her knees, even as Rowan wrapped his arms around her tightly, and Dorian knelt beside her, taking her hand. 

    "I thought I lost you, fireheart." The words were rumbly and low against her neck, as though he had been screaming her name to the wind and stars. 

     "My magic, Rowan." She had one more heart attack to give her mate, after all. He pulled back, and she stood, taking him and Dorian with her. She squeezed Dorian's hand and gave him a hug, whispering, "Play along," in his ear. 

     "Why did you push me out?" He asked as she pulled away. "Why would you give up your magic instead of letting me help?" Ah. He hadn't put it together yet, then. 

     "One of us had to survive, and even without my magic, you will be able to defeat Maeve and Erawen." She smiled sadly after she spoke, and ever though she was tired, she knew this was worth it. 

     "With... Without your magic?" Rowan asked, sounding so heartbroken she almost felt bad- almost. "The drop of water is all I have left." Yeah, they were gonna be furious when she revealed herself. 

     She looked at Dorian then, and he nodded, but with a wicked glint in his eye that told her that he was in on her idea, although he didn't quite know what it was yet, and she noted that he had put shields up around every one. 

     "This is all I have left," She said, and then-she erupted. The water was first, and it made a giant sea dragon soar through the air above the camp. 

      Then Hellas' power, the waves of death forming into a shield of shadows that wrapped around the dragon. 

     She let loose waves of sunshine that danced with the shadows, lighting up the camp as if the sun had risen. 

     The ice formed a turret where she was standing, and it grew until it was larger than the glass turrets from Adarland's glass castle, and she let a summer breeze warm the people far below her.

      Vines and flowers grew, and the trees grew as well, as tall as the turret. She heard a hawks cry and found her mate circling above, and she finally let loose her fire, making it spew from the dragons mouth, and surrounding the camp with a fire of all colors that did not burn.

     She leapt from the turrets window, and felt her body shift, growing feathered wings the exact color of her fire as she glided down to land in a grounded stance in front of Dorian and the entire camp who had gathered. 

     "No magic indeed," Dorian laughed as he cried, enveloping her in a hug and being careful of her wings. 

     As he pulled away he simply asked, "How?"  Rowan shifted and landed, tears streaming down her face. "Fireheart." He hugged her yet again and after he pulled away, she spoke, her voice tired and yet infallible, "I guess we can add God Killer, World Walker and Power Stealer to my list of names." 

     A few minuets later, Aelin found herself in the top room of the ice tower, surrounded by her court and her friends- no, they were her family. She had called them up here to explain her journey home, and why she suddenly had so much power. 

     Just as she stood up to get their attention, they heard a wyverns roar. "Oh, wyrd..."

YAYYYYY!!! first chapter doneeee! word count: 950, hopefully good enough. please comment ideas!