They both stared hardly at the doors to the maze. 

"We're trapped here aren't we?" Greenie 1 wondered. 

"For the moment. But you see those guys..." he gestured behind him to a group of boys including the Asian chap who was sitting down. He was talking to Greenie 2 and Chuck. 

                                                                ................................................

"We run the maze everyday," Mihno explained to Greenie 2. "We map it. We memorise it. We try to find a way out!" 

"How long have you guys been looking?" the curious shorter Greenie asked. 

Mihno held a vacant expression. "Three years," 

                                                               ................................................

"Seriously?!" Greenie 1 was shocked. "And they haven't found anything?" 

 "It's a lot easier said than done," Newt answered. "Now listen very carefully," he gestured to the taller Greenie to listen carefully. They heard clanking, banging, cranking. 

"What's that noise?" Greenie 1 asked.

"That's the Maze, changing. It changes every night," Newt said.

"How is that even possible?" 
                                                    ................................................

Just like Greenie 1, Greenie 2 was still filled wit the same level of curiosity. The Maze was becoming more and more of a mystery every second. 
"The truth is, we're s are the only ones that really know what's out there. We're the strongest and the fastest of us all, and it's a good thing, too, because if we don't make it back before those doors close, then we're stuck out there for the night," Mihno answered grimly. "And no one's ever survived a night in the Maze.
"What happens to them?" Greenie 2 felt a little scared. 
"We call them Grievers," 
"Has anyone ever seen one?" 
"Nope," Mihno said with a straight face. "Once you're stuck in the maze, you don't last until morning," 
Greenie 2 gulped. 
"But there's nothing to fear," Chuck consoled. "We're perfectly safe in here," 
His words made the newbie feel relaxed. He still felt a little terrified though. 
"Looks like Newt's given the other newbie a talk about the Maze," Mihno pointed to the blonde and brunette haired boys in front of the log. 
                                                     ................................................

"We all have to keeping hoping Greenie," Newt said. "It's the only motivation we have if we want to find a way out,"
"Does no one have any idea why we were put here?" 
"Not a clue. If any of us could remember anything other than our names, we'd probably know," 
"You don't think it's a prison do you?"
All Newt could answer with was a diminished answer. "I doubt it. If this was a prison, then those gates wouldn't be opening every morning for us to try to find a way out. The only answers we have lie outside the Maze,"
Greenie 1 remained silent, lost in confusion. 
"Ahh. There you guys are," Chuck said, alerting them of their presence. "Seem to be busy missing out all the fun Greenie 1. 

Greenie 2 sat next to Greenie 1 and Chuck sat next to him.

"Mihno just told me what he and those Runners do. Sounds like a very tiring job. I'm quite surprised you guys haven't given up any hope so far," Greenie 2 said. 

"Well...we've all got to keep trying," Newt responded. "We can't stay trapped here forever,"

Greenie 2  saw the jar of strange drink. "Could I have some of that please? I'm really parched,"