1. Think of Me

Paris Opera House, 1881

~

On a normal busy day at the Paris Opera House, the opera company is rehearsing for Hannibal.

Amy Lee, who plays as Elissa, the Queen of Carthage, enters the stage with the severed head of Scipio; singing a great aria.

This trophy!
From our saviours!
From our saviours!
From the enslaving force of Rome!

As Amy raises the severed head, the opera enters the stage, followed by the ballet of both men and women.

(Chorus girls)
With feasting and dancing and song, tonight in celebration!
We greet the victorious throng, returned to bring salvation!

(Chorus boys)
The trumpets of Carthage resound!
Hear Romans now, and tremble!
Hark to our step on the ground!

(Opera)
Hear the drums!
Hannibal comes!

Ben Moody, who plays as Hannibal, enters the stage.

(Moody)
Sad to return to find the land we love threatened once more by Roma's far reaching grasp!

"No! No! No!"

Monsieur Killian, the chief repetiteur, rushes on the stage; stopping the run through of the opera.

"Signor, if you please, "Rome"! We say "Rome", not Roma!"

"Si, si, Rome, not Roma. Is very hard for me."

As Moody practices his line, the retiring manger enters the stage with two men. Mark Eshleman and Frank Iero.

"This way, gentlemen, this way. As you can see, rehearsals are under way for the new production of Chalumeau's Hannibal."

Seeing that everyone is taking a hiatus rehearsal, the manager attempts to retract attention.

"Ladies and gentlemen, some of you may already have met Monsieur Eshleman, and Monsieur Iero."

As the managers politely bow, Killian interrupts.

"I'm sorry, Monsieur, we are rehearsing. If you wouldn't mind waiting a moment?"

"My apologies, Monsieur Killian. Proceed."

"Thank you, Monsieur."

He turns back to Moody.

"Once again, "sad to return", signor."

The opera get back into their positions and the rehearsal resumes.

(Moody)
Sad to return to find the land we love threatened once more by Rome's far reaching grasp!
Tomorrow we shall break the chains of Rome!
Tonight, rejoice, your army has come home!

The ballets take center stage and begin their dance. Eshleman, Iero, and the manager stand in the way; observing.

"That was signor Ben Moody, our principal tenor. He does play so opposite La Amy Lee."

Jenna, the woman dressed in black, notices their presence in front of the ballets.

Exasperated, she bangs her cane.

"Gentlemen, please! If you would kindly move to one side?"

"My apologies, Madame Jenna."

The manager turns to Eshleman and Iero.