"So what am I, your therapist?"

Yuki shook his head. "I just want to be your friend. Not out of pity or sympathy, but because I want to." He bashfully looked away. "Is that okay?"

You stared at him with your eyes wide and mouth slightly open. You were so dumbstruck by what he said, that even your mind went completely blank.

You felt tears stream down your cheeks.

"Huh? Why... am I crying?" you wondered out loud. The tears wouldn't stop for some reason.

Yuki wiped them away with the back of his hand.

"I don't know much about you or what you've been through to be this hurt, but I'd like to know from now on. You don't mind, do you?"

You looked down at the knife within your grasp. "But I'm dull and uninteresting. What is there to know about me?"

"I don't know. That's why I want to know more about you. There's absolutely nothing I know about you. I don't know if you're dull or uninteresting. I don't know what kind of person you are, so tell me."

You stared up at this boy. He was just standing there, quietly anticipating an answer. Even though you only just met him a few days ago, you felt that deep inside, you weren't all that different from him.

You slowly placed the knife down on the counter and he released your wrist. The two of you stayed standing in the kitchen.

You began to tell him what happened to you the past year and how it's been eating at you mentally. He never interrupted you nor did he look away from you. He just stood there and listened.

"I see. It must've been hard," he said. You just stared off into the distance. "Since you've told me about yourself, do you want to hear about me?"

You hesitated. "Sure."

That's how you found out about the Sohma family's secret and the historical curse that tied together the 13 zodiac members and their god, Akito.

***

You looked up at the Sohma estate front gate. Last time you were here, Akito threatened you to pack your bags.

Wow, this is bringing back flashbacks. You thought.

You entered and were greeted by the servants. They led you through the long hallways of the house. There were so many turns here and there, that it made your head spin.

This place is so big, I could get lost in here.

The servant stopped in front of a room and knocked on the door. "Akito-san, Y/n is here."

"Let her in." She opened the door for you and you stepped inside.

The lights were all off and the room was almost completely empty. Akito was just sitting at the window, staring off into the distance.

He turned his attention towards you. "You know why I called you over, don't you?"

You kept your distance from him. "Stop beating around the bush and just get straight to the point. You called me over because you wanted something, right?"

A smirk rose to his lips. "You changed over those two years. If it was back then, you would've sat quietly and listened like a good girl. But, since you're asking for it, I'll get straight to the point." His smile quickly vanished. "I want you to disappear."

You clenched your fists. You couldn't believe what you were hearing. "You think I'd agree to the same trick again? I'm not the gullible girl you once knew. I thought you'd know better than to threaten me with that."