chapter 1

"have a great summer everyone and congratulations on getting your bachelors degree in sports management! i hope i see all of you succeed in life! mrs. williams please stay back for a few minutes." said my professor.
that was four years ago, he told me there's an opening in the carolina hurricanes front office, so i applied, and got the job! four years later i just clinched my first metropolitan division championship as the head coach of the carolina hurricanes. i was the youngest nhl head coach ever at the time of my hiring (27) and the first female head coach ever. here's how it went.

"15 more seconds until the carolina hurricanes clinch the division championship in raleigh!" says the announcer. *win siren goes off*.

FUCK YEA EVERYONE! i watch as all my players throw there helmets and sticks in the air and skate to celebrate with the goalie. i walk back to the locker room so i can prepare for my post game speech.

"HELL YEA EVERYONE" dougie hamilton says, all the guys follow in after and sit at their respective locker.

alright calm down boys, i don't feel like babysitting all of you when y'all are hungover tomorrow. but in all honesty i'm extremely proud of all of you for your hard work and dedication to this team. i'm extremely humble to be your guys's head coach. i love all of you.

"it's not hard to" says dougie hamilton. everyone laughs.

you're such an ass dougie.

later that night i get tagged in a post

❤️ 💬 ↗️                                                                        liked by  @martinnecas and 25,674 othersandrei_svechnikov37 Congrats to all my teammates and especially my head coach and best friend (y/n) williams(@coachwilliams)!@c...

❤️ 💬 ↗️                                                                       
liked by  @martinnecas and 25,674 others
andrei_svechnikov37 Congrats to all my teammates and especially my head coach and best friend (y/n) williams(@coachwilliams)!
@coachwilliams: love you svech❤️

what the fuck is this feeling... no no no. this can't be happening. am i getting butterflies for andrei... no it's probably just the alcohol i had today.

*the next morning*
*beep beep beep off goes my alarm clock*
ugh fuck i gotta get up. i go to the bathroom and turn on the shower. hey my butterflies are gone, i knew it was just the alcohol.

i get out of the shower and check my phone. there's the post... the butterflies start up again. FUCK.

i get my hoodie and sweatpants on and start driving to practice (at my practices coaches and players don't have to be formal under my head coaching)

i get there and unlock the locker room, the first person to walk in is andrei, he's wearing a TIGHTTT muscle shirt. i get butterflies.

"hey y/n!" says andrei

hey andrei, you're 30 minutes early. (im great at hiding my feelings.)

"yea my phone said there was a detour, so i left early, but there wasn't one so i'm wayyy early." says andrei.

oh ok. well you can get dressed or just hangout until everyone else gets here. i get up and walk into my office which is attached to the locker room.

my office is kind of a big hangout lounge room. when i first moved my stuff in it was a desk and a tv in the front when you walked in, then this huge room that had nothing in it. i put in led lights in the ceiling, new floors, tvs, couches, knee hockey stuff, and snacks.

andrei knocks and comes in.

"hey can i hang out in the lounge?" says andrei.

andrei i told you, you guys don't have to ask, it's your guys' lounge too.

"i just like to make sure you're not busy" says andrei.

you're so sweet andrei but seriously you can guys come in.

"ok" says andrei

all the boys come in and we start practice.

i walk into the locker room and oh fuck andrei is shirtless... i've seen his abs so many times before, but now it gives me butterflies.

great practice boys, i'll see you tomorrow for our game against columbus.

i go into my office and the boys start to leave, but one person stays back. i thought it was marty party because he's always late, but it's andrei.

hey andrei what's up?

to be continued...