Goblin Hunt

Eyyy! Short chapter for today.

Thanks for reading. Like it, dislike it, bash it... whatever. Only wrote this for fun anyway.

Word Count: 4700 (Excluding this)

Goblin Hunt

Kazuma's POV:

"Have you heard? Rumor says that a boss of the demon king army had taken over an old castle which is situated in the hills a short walk from town." In the corner of the bar operated by the guild, I was listening to a man sitting at my table and drinking during the day.

"Ehh? A boss from the demon king army? That sounds bad, but it had nothing to do with us right?" I replied to the man.

"That's right." The man before me agreed with my negative and irresponsible words. The number of people chatting in the Adventurers Guild was unexpectedly large and I could hear many interesting topics.

For example, spotting dangerous monsters at some place so do not take quests from that area. Or news of certain monster hating the smell of tangerine juice, so smearing it on you will keep them away.

I had a hard time just surviving since coming to this world, and had never gathered intelligence in this way before.

Collecting information was the most important stage in collecting the flags you had raised. Gathering and talking about such things in a bar had a feeling of an adventurer, which

made me happy. The man sitting opposite me said:

"Anyway, it's better not to approach the abandoned castle to the north of town. This is not the capital of the kingdom, so who knows what the boss of the demon army is doing here. But since it is a boss, it's probably a Lord Ogre, vampire, arch demon or a dragon. No matter which one it is, it must be a monster that could kill us instantly. The best way is to not take any quest near that abandoned castle." After thanking that man, I left my seat and returned to the table my party was at...

"...What? Why are you all looking at me like that?" Aqua, Darkness and Megumin took small mouthfuls of the vegetable sticks in the cup in the center of the table as they stared at me.

"Nothing--? I wasn't worried about Kazuma joining another party or anything." Aqua said as she looked at me with uneasy eyes.

"...Huh?, I was only gathering information, that is the basics of adventurers." I took a seat at their table and reached for a vegetable stick.

Dodge... The vegetable stick dodged my out reached hand... Hey!

"What are you doing Kazuma." Aqua slammed the table, making the vegetable stick jump in surprise. When the vegetable sticks were in the air momentarily, Aqua grabbed one and stuffed it in her mouth.

"... Hmm. You looked so happy. You seemed to be having fun chatting, Kazuma. You seemed close to the members of the other parties huh?" Megumin slammed the table with her fist, and picked up the vegetable stick that was too scared to move and shoved it in her mouth.

"... What is this refreshing feeling? Seeing Kazuma being on good terms with the other parties, the melancholic feeling is mixed with something good... Could this be the legendary NTR...?" That crazy pervert who was spilling nonsense flicked the edge of the cup with her finger and took a vegetable stick nimbly.

"The hell?! What is this, what's with you all? Isn't collecting intelligence in such a place the basics...?" I hit the table as I spoke and reached for the vegetable sticks...