19. Her manna his manni 💝

Ashwin was distracted by the beautiful sight of his girl playing the perfect host, striking conversations with all of his friends gathered in Martin and Tanu's beach house. Diametrically opposite to him, she was like a graceful butterfly fly-dancing in a garden of flowers. He did not know how he got lucky to have her in his life. Right from when the clock struck 12 last night, she has been making him feel that this has been the best birthday ever and as a bonus she had given him so many thoughtful presents. So far he had received 25 presents in less than 24 hours.

Ashwin woke up to a soft feeling on his neck. He opened his eyes to find this radiant girl kissing his neck with her big eyes full of joy.

S: Happy birthday babyyyyy! One of your birthday presents is to start your day with a birthday kiss.

She gave him a nibble kiss even before he could thank her for the midnight wish.

A: Thank you ma. When did you come?

S: Enna aalu nee! Un girlfriend un birthday anniku, midnight la unna kiss panni wish pannuna, eppo vantha, yen vantha nu mokka podara nee! Therave maata, waste uh!

A: Oye! It is my birthday, don't be rude to me.

S: Aama la, uncle ayita! Congrats on the big 30.

Ashwin glared at her! The mere mention of age had touched a raw nerve in him!

S: Sorry sorry sorry! Tension aagatheenga! Naan oru loosu, eppo enna pesarathunu theriyaama solliten. Sorryyyy Ashwineeyy!

Ashwin rolled her onto her back straddling her. He pinned her hands on her sides.

A: You deserve to be punished for calling me old!

S: Eppadiyum ethuvum panna porathu illa, eppo parthaalum paathi la vitutu pora aalu nee. Etho oru page dialogue pesa pora, athuku en ivlo scene?

Ashwin raised his eyebrows at her statement.

A: Reverse psychology try panaraya?

S: Appadiyavathu ethavathu pannuvayaanu paakaren.

A: Dirty mind! Punishment doesn't necessarily have to be that.

She understood his plans from the evil grin on his face. She tried to free herself in vain to escape the tickle monster in him. He bent down to rub her neck, the most ticklish part of her body with his beard. She squirmed and kicked her legs trying to break free but she was completely trapped. She laughed at being tickled until she couldn't breath anymore and he let go off her arms when she started screaming for him to stop in between her laughter. He grinned at her while waiting for her to calm down.

A: Beautiful! That is the return gift for my birthday kiss.

She pushed him off her and jumped out of bed to look at herself in the mirror. Her neck, chin and shoulders were super rosy, thanks to his beard.

S: Ashwinnn!! You have to stop this! I hate reminding myself to cover these hickeys and beard burn with make up. I have been in really awkward situations already.

Ashwin shrugged his shoulders and took his personal phone which was ringing nonstop for the last 10 minutes. It was his sister. He found it odd when he saw that his entire family was on the facetime call screaming their birthday wishes.

A: Thank you so much. Anju nee eppadi amma appa kuda iruka?

Anju: Last evening vanthen. Seri, what plans today? Sivaangi enga?

A: No plans, we will go out for dinner I guess. Sivaangi ippo than room la irunthu velila pona. Apparam pesa solaren.

Sivaangi's personal phone started ringing. Ashwin picked the phone from the bedside table, saw that it was Sundar and answered the call, while Anju insisted on staying on the line too for some reason. Sivaangi's parents and brother wished him a very happy birthday and in came Sivaangi with a small cake which had a candle on it. She had her other phone in her hand videotaping everything. Everyone started singing happy birthday.