11. Lost in your eyes🥰

Sivaangi woke up feeling really warm. She tried to move and felt imprisoned by something that felt like a log across her upper body. She took a few moments to shed the sleep in her brain and forced her eyes open to analyse her surroundings. She saw Ashwin's arm holding her tightly against his now bare chest, their legs entwined and his face breathing into her hair and neck. She tried to reach for her phone on the bedside table to look at the time, and he instantly pulled her closer, not willing to let her go, even in his sleep.

She smiled and with a little difficulty, she managed to turn and face him, his arms automatically adjusted around her back and waist, holding her close to him. She looked at his calm face, traced his jawline and let her fingers brush his slightly parted lips. She wanted to taste those lips but stopped herself from kissing him and waking him up. She remembered him mentioning his inability to sleep well, and she was glad that he looked peacefully asleep right now.

She now understood the happiness in waking up to see the most favourite person in the world in front of her eyes.

Blissful! There cannot be anything cozier than being in his arms the first thing in the morning.

She tried to move and his brows furrowed, his breathing became erratic and he held her tighter than before like his life depended on it. He was dreaming and probably a bad one. She smoothened his brows and he sighed in his sleep and his breathing went back to being normal again.

Him pulling me closer drives his point home, loud and clear. 'Do not leave me, even in my dreams'.

She stayed in his arms watching him for another thirty minutes or so. Nature calls and she slowly managed to get herself out his hold and sat next to him and took a good few minutes to drink the vision of him.

He had his tshirt on when we went to sleep. He must have taken it off sometime after I slept off.

Sivaangi felt her cheeks redden, remembering the intimacy of waking up next to her life partner.

Is this what is described as looking like a Greek God? Those broad shoulders, the sculpted chest, the narrow waist, those muscular arms and long fingers. And the perfect, sharp features of his face!

Sivaangi chided herself for her inappropriate thoughts about the sleeping man. She instantly disagreed with her mind for calling it inappropriate.

En Ashwin thana, naan yosikaama yaar yosipa?

She made her way to the bathroom and made a mental note to start working on her fitness. She is a small person but she did not care when her irregular eating habits made her gain a few extra pounds around her belly. But with a man like this, she wants to keep up and look good for him.

When she came back to bed after her morning routine, she saw his toss and turn in the bed restlessly, she crawled back into bed, kissed his hair and sat next to him with her back resting on the headboard.He hugged her by her waist and relaxed into a deep slumber again. She played with his hair while scrolling through her social media. Making sure that he was in deep sleep, she kissed his forehead, whispered an I love you, slipped out of bed and tippy toed downstairs.

Sivaangi sat on the barstool sipping her milk while Rakshan and Pugazh sat on the side. Tanu with the domestic help was putting together a breakfast spread.

S: Chechi, breakfast ku enna?

T: Unnaku pudicha pancakes with fruits. And Kala akka is making some pongal sambar for everyone. AK ku pudicha dosa takkali chutney. Avunga amma panara maathri irukaathu, etho ennaku therinja maathri panneruken. Rakshan, Pugazh any requests?