7. Mine to hold and cherish

Ashwin's expectant eyes looked at Sivaangi with so much love and hope. He had once told her about how rejections have been a major part of his life. He has been rejected left, right and centre. The fear of being rejected has stopped him from becoming close to people, so it is definitely something for him to propose to a girl especially when he wasn't sure of her answer. Just like every other human being, he has always wanted true love, family, money, marriage and a good career not necessarily in that order. Before meeting Sivaangi, self doubt had started consuming him after years of being turned down at almost all occasions and he was starting to lose hopes of ever having a happy life.

Sivaangi knew how agonizing it would be for Ashwin in his current state of mind if she leaves things hanging in the air after his proposal. She loves Ashwin, no doubts about it but there are so many questions that she needs answers to. It can wait. Nothing in her life is as important as him and his well being.

Sivaangi took less than a fraction of a second to process these thoughts in her head as she can see the fear of rejection in his eyes in that nanosecond. She hugged Ashwin with a force that made him stagger back. He held her in his arms and she lifted her face to look into his eyes.

I love you more than words can say! Love you! Love you! Love youuuu!!!

Ashwin heaved a sigh of relief, closed his eyes and let a lone tear roll down his cheeks and hugged her tightly. Pretty much everyone present in the room had happy tears in their eyes. Tanu was in Martin's arms crying tears of joy. Krishna side hugged his wife who was elated for their daughter and to be son in law. Rakshan and Pugal were really happy for their sister and mapillai. Pugal had always trusted Ashwin but seeing his sister broken had clouded his judgement earlier. He was glad that it all ended well.

Ashwin knew in his heart that his darling girl had a million questions in her head and she would really like to talk to him alone right now. He took her hand and asked her to lead him to her bedroom. He nodded at Tanu's direction, mouthed a thanks for all the help and she gave him a subtle smile.

Once in her room, Sivaangi locked the door, turned to Ashwin and gave him a body crushing hug. They stayed quiet communicating wordlessly of their strong feelings for each other. When they finally pulled away, Ashwin took her to sit on the bed facing each other. He was still holding her hands.

Sivaangi! En rowdy! En life la naan intha moment la happy ah irukara maara ennaikum irunthathu illa. Avlo santhosaham ah iruku! I cant believe that you are mine. Romba bayanthuten ma. Nee mattum no sollirunthena, naan enna paneerupannu yosikave illa. Aiyoo kannamma! Ennala innum namba mudila. Love you so much!

Sivaangi had a shy smile on her face looking down at their entwined fingers.

Ennalayum namba mudila Ashwin. Neenga ennaku propose pannara maathri dream panniruken aana inniku athu unmailaye nadantha po, en dream ah vida azhaga irunthuthu. It was perfect, couldn't have asked for anything better! I love you Ashwineyy! I will not feel tired saying it a million times a day. Loveee youuu baby!!!

Ashwin had a content smile on his face. He took her hands to his lips and kissed her knuckles making her eyes widen. Her expression made him laugh and he pulled her into a hug.

Aiyoo, hands ah kiss pannunathuke ippadi react panarale!

A: Enna ma aachu?

S: Therila ma. Nee enna ninaikirureenganu theriyatha pothu easy ah pesa mudinjithu, aana ipo enna nadukumnu already theriyumkirathunala konjam shy ah iruku.

The blush on her cheek made her look completely irresistible and he wanted to kiss her senseless, but there were things to be discussed before he takes it to the next level. He rubbed his knuckles on her cheek and she leaned into his hand closing her eyes.