“How are you sweetie?” She asked.

“I was so worried about you! You are never going to scare me like that ever again,” I said squeezing her hand.

“I’m sorry my baby. Can you get me a nurse?” She said. I quickly pressed the buzzer thing they always had in hospitals. A nurse came in two minutes later, “Mrs Miller, you are up! I’ll go get Dr Burke,”

I looked around the room and Ryan and Toya were nowhere to be seen. Probably Toya went to the airport to get dad and Ryan went home. I wouldn’t blame him for leaving. My emotional side does make people run away because I hold things in for so long that when I finally let it out, it’s a catastrophe.

“Morning,” I heard his familiar deep voice as he came into the room. I guess I was wrong about him running away.

“Are you the doctor young man?” My mom asked.

“No ma’am, my name is Ryan Carter and I’m-,” He said.

“And what is your relation with my daughter?” She interrupted.

“Mom, can we talk about this later, when you are better,” I said dismissing her question. It would take a really long time for my mother to accept and understand our relationship, with him being my teacher.

“I got you some breakfast,” He said placing the bag on the side, causing my mom to raise her eyebrows. “And Toya said I should tell you she went to go get your dad, she should be back soon,”

“Morning Mrs Miller, my name is Sandy Burke. How are you feeling?” The doctor asked as she made her way toward the side of the bed.

“We will talk about it when Ryan joins us for dinner Friday night? Right Ryan?”  My mom said after looking at the both of us. Ryan nodded whilst I groaned at the fact that she didn’t even give him the option of not coming. “I'm a bit in pain doctor,” She said looking away from me as she started explaining the details, since she is a qualified doctor herself. I don’t think that Dr Burke will cope with my mother wanting to simple cure herself and not listening to her.

“We’ll be back mom,” I said taking Ryan’s hand.

“Okay sweetie,” She smiled.

“Thanks for breakfast,” I said when we were sitting alone on the chairs outside my mom’s room.

“Are you alright?” He asked worriedly.

“I’m good. Thanks for sticking around,” I said.

“I will always be here for you,” He said holding my hand.

“Skye,” My dad called out from the distance.

I quickly got up and lunged myself into my father’s arms. After our long embrace we finally pulled away. “And you are young man?”

“Morning sir, my name is Ryan Carter,” He said extending his hand for my father to shake which he surprisingly welcomed into his own.

“He’s Skye’s boyfriend,” Toya chirped in.

“Is that so?” My dad asked raising his eyebrows.

“Yes sir,” Ryan replied.

“Well you better be taking good care of her,” My dad smiled.

“I am sir,” Ryan said reassuringly causing me to smile.

“Dad, mom is in there if you want to see her,” I said.

“Thanks baby,” He said kissing my forehead before making his way into the room.

“Well that went well,” Toya laughed.