Chapter 2

A/N: Hey guys! Here's the second chapter... it's all building up to the main story so enjoy and be patient :D ENJOY!

|S O P H I E|

Everyone around me is fangirling and swooning over the 'hot piece of meat', 'prince charming' and 'cute as hell guy'. Their words. Not mine.

And me? I'm just shaking my head and praying that these girls find an actual purpose in life. Justin Bieber reference. Ha!

Yes I'm praying for my best friend, Mia too. Who is currently ogling him. Looking at her I'm pretty sure if Ryan gave her a strand of his hair she'll take it gratefully and worship it every day till she dies and knowing Mia she might even pass the hair strand on to her offsprings.

"Isn't he a fine man?" Mia questions. I'm sure that's a rhetorical question and even if it isn't I'm not answering it. I don't want to die from the hands of a million fan girls.

I have to admit Ryan Adler is hot. He's muscular, tall and tan. What a damn cliché. He has a mysterious look in his brownish eyes and a perfectly chiseled jawline. It has to be the most perfect jawline I've seen in my 17 years of existence. His brown hair looks messy like he just rolled out of bed and didn't get time to brush it but it also looks effortless. He's wearing a tight blue T-shirt that defines his abs and light blue jeans.

I find Ryan Adler interesting and intriguing but absolutely not my type. Don't get me wrong Ryan Adler isn't a bad boy. He keeps to himself and does well in classes from what I've heard. I've only ever seen him talk to his best friend Josh during lunch and well every other time my eyes fell on him.

I don't get what's so distinctive about him. Hasn't anyone seen a brown haired guy with huge brown eyes? I think not. Judging by the atmosphere around me.

Ryan leans on his Lamborghini and looks around at the girls looking at him and yes Ryan is the rich kid. Well judging by the car he owns he is. Freaking Lamborghini man!

Ryan scowls at the girls. Huh? Is he crazy? There are girls fangirling over him and he scowls at them? Like bruh, you've got fans and you have no girlfriend to whom you need to be loyal. I'm sure tossing a few air kisses at their direction and smiling at them wouldn't cause a major damage to your body.

"He's so cute I think I'm going to die." I hear Blaire Cooper say.

Blaire Cooper.

Queen Bee, selfish, snobby, manipulative, wealthy, spoiled, pretty, arrogant and charismatic are words often used to describe Blaire. Basically any word you would use to write a character sketch of a bitch.

There's no doubt she's pretty. With her blonde hair and sparkling brown eyes she manages to charm almost three fourth of the handsome guys to sleep with her. I know her next target is Ryan Adler.

Some people think Blaire is the way she is because she's spoilt and rich so they give her a free pass to act however the fuck she wants but not me I hate that bitch. Even if she's spoilt she still has the choice to be a decent human which she isn't so I hate her.

Did I also mention she's the principal's daughter? That gives her a very unfair advantage. In almost everything.

Oh my god! Blaire Cooper is gonna die! *gasps*

Someone please do this world a favor and don't call 911. If she dies the world will be a better place. For everyone.

Ryan continues tossing scowls and making girls swoon over while I just look at him. Curiously. Something about him is intriguing. It's like he's making an effort to be something he's not.

Just then, Ryan's eyes meet mine. Holy shit! He totally caught me staring. I immediately look away since I don't want to be viewed as a creep but out of the corner of my eye, I catch Ryan smiling at me.

What? Is this real? Ryan Adler threw a smile at me?

Maybe it was error in viewing since I was looking out of the corner of my eye. I mistook his frown for a smile. Yeah. That must be the case.

"He totally smiled at you." Mia says amused. "No he didn't." I say dismissively. So he did smile at me. I wonder why. Maybe he felt like laughing at my peasant looks.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Soph." Mia mutters wiggling her eyebrows. I just sigh in reply.

It's indeed going to be a long day.

~*~*~

"Let's get our lockers." I tell Mia. We just came back from the auditorium after the unnecessary speech the principal gave on how to make the best of our last year.

I'm pretty sure 98% of the students were dozing off during Mr Cooper's speech. FYI I was one among the 98%. *cue the sheepish grin*

"Yeah let's do that but I need to go to the washroom so you get your locker and I'll join you later." Mia suggests. I nod and we part ways.

~*~*~

"Name?" Miss Beth asks. "Sophie Carter." I reply. She nods.

"Here's your time table." Miss Beth says. "And let me check the system for your locker number."

"Okay got it. Locker number 4032." She informs after a while. "Thanks." I say and head to the locker area.

Locker Number 4032. 4032. Don't forget Soph. It's 4032.

I keep chanting the same thing over and over again while typing a quick text to mom informing her that my day is okay and I have not been murdered by some creepy guy in the last 60 mins since she last saw me, until I crash a wall.

"Ouch!" I yelp and take a look at the wall. Holy Crap! It's not a wall. It's Ryan Adler's chest. Is his chest made up of cement? How is his chest so hard? If I am ever assigned a research assignment in Biology my topic will be: Ryan Adler's chest.

"Stop gaping and watch where you're going. REMEMBER when you crash into someone you cause them nuisance too." He snaps and just like that he's gone. It's like he was never here. Wow! He has a nice voice. It's deep and I don't know... hot?

After I snap out of my admiration for his voice. I just stand there in shock. What the fuck just happened?

"Yo Soph!" Mia greets patting me on the back. Snapping me out of my reverie. I greet back.

It was my fault anyways. I shouldn't have been texting and walking at the same time. Yeah. It's okay. Let it slide Sophie.

"My locker number is 4024. What's yours?" Mia queries. "4023?" I say unsure.

I'm awful at remembering codes, number related locations and stuff like that. Which is weird since my favorite subject is Math and I'm a straight A student in Math. Shocker right? I know.

We walk to the locker and I try setting a code on the locker. It says 'Code set already'. Hmm that's weird... maybe this isn't my locker. I must've messed up the numbers.

Maybe it was 4320? Or 4230? Oh wait! I remember 4 was the first number and 0 was second. So I must've messed up 2 and 3. So if this isn't my locker it's 4032!

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING WITH MY LOCKER?" I hear a deep voice boom making my head hurt.

Well, shit is about to go down.

A/N: HEYY hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and will give it a chance and keep reading! <3_<3