Chapter Two: Lunar Goddess

The world felt as if it stopped even if it were just for a few moments. It was just them, no problems surrounded them. She wasn't a princess and he wasn't a young genius who was expected to do great things.

Just two kids holding each other under the moonlight. Neither was conscious of how long they held on together; it was just them together accepting who they were.

To find yourself in another is something truly special but to have someone who supports you, and wants you to achieve just as much as the other is pure beauty.

Arthur shifted himself ever so slightly and adjusted his arms around Tess that is when he truly noticed what he was doing... what he was doing

What was he doing?

This wasn't him

He wasn't one to open up to someone so easily to tell his true feelings. He always hid it behind a mask in this life or the past. Why would he admit he was scared? Why would he seek so much comfort in someone else...

Well it wasn't just someone else. . . It was Tess

The girl he saved all those years ago.

He would do it again even if it meant he failed to stay alive himself... as long as she was safe he would be fine with it.

But even so, what was he feeling? He thought he shut off those thoughts. Why would he just blurt out his deepest emotions? He wasn't supposed to get scared, he was supposed to be invincible, a force that struck fear in to the heart of his opponents not the other way around, he was supposed to be someone untouchable, he was supposed to be a King...

But wait he wasn't a King... he was no longer King Grey he was Arthur Leywin.

He was allowed to rely on others. . .

He had others to rely on.

Arthur slowly separated himself from their hug. Looking into her emerald green eyes he didn't want to break away but he knew he had to.

It was getting really late and they had classes in the morning. Plus he shouldn't keep the student council president much longer.

"Hey Tess?"

"Hmm?"

"Thank you"

"For what?"

"For listening"

Arthur brought his hands down from her shoulders to hold her hands softly. "I think I really needed to get that off my chest"

She only offered a warm smile that gave him a feeling of contentment as if everything was okay if he saw that smile.

"Say Tess, when are you done with your classes tomorrow?"

Tess's eyes widened in surprise school was the last thing on her mind right now. Most definitely the last but was that really her fault?

"Oh uhh, I think my class ends at 3:45 tomorrow" she got out after taking a few seconds to think about it.

"Let's go get dinner" Arthur suggested "This time we can talk about you"

Arthur gave her a soft smile that warmed her to get past the nighttime breeze.

"The happy and sad" Arthur said separated himself completely from her touch. He needed to stop himself before he went crazy.

What was this girl? She was like a drug you can't give up after giving in once.

Tess was quiet for a few moments after he gave his questions. She had this look as if she was thinking deeply about something. Arthurs mind could only think she was actually about to reject him. Which also annoyed him how much he knew he would be hurt if she did that.