I Know I Love You

What did Taehyung mean by 'for your sake, not mine?'

And also, did Jaebum lie to me about not having a scholarship?

Why would he?

He has no reason to lie to me.

But it wouldn't be the first time.

Why would he lie about that, though?

Does he just not want to mate me?

Maybe-

No, Taehyung just said that stuff to make me question Jaebum. I trust my alpha. Besides, why wouldn't he want to mate me? I wear the cutest clothes, I do everything he tells me to, I don't flirt with other alphas, I'm the perfect omega!
Right. Taehyung's spewing nothing but dirt, and Jaebum really is focused on his future right now.
And of course, he trusts me not to doubt him, and here I am, doing just that!

I grab my phone off of the pillow next to me and call him.

The phone rings for a long time before he answers.
"What is it?" He asks, his voice all husky and raspy.

"I'm sorry, alpha, I doubted you."

"What are you talking about? Jungkook, do you know what time it is? I've told you not to call me past ten o'clock." Jaebum's voice hints at anger, so I talk quickly.
"Alpha, someone in one of my classes told me you already have a scholarship. I know it's a lie, but I started to believe it and I wanted to apologize and receive my punishment. Please."

Jaebum sighs, and I hear sheets rustling. "Fine. Two punishments, because you also broke a rule, about calling me at night. Have you eaten dinner?"
"Yes, alpha." I respond quickly.

"No food tomorrow. And you can only drink water." Jaebum orders.
I swallow thickly. "Yes, alpha. Thank you, alpha."

"Who was it that told you I already have a scholarship? Who's the person that lied to you?" Jaebum asks.

No one.

I see Taehyung, towering over me like Jaebum, except completely different.

I don't know.

"Umm.. just someone from math class."
"Jeon Jungkook. Name. Now." Jaebum snaps.

Don't.

"Taehyung oppa, alpha." I mumble.

"Thank you. I shouldn't have to ask you twice. And next time I won't." Jaebum warns.
"Yes sir. Um, actually, are you with someone right now?"

Jaebum hangs up without saying goodbye.

And of course. What else did I expect? He never does anything right, never walks me to class, never opens the door for me, never says fucking 'good bye' or 'good morning' or 'I miss you' or 'I love you' and he never fucking calls me baby, I can tell you that, I don't even remember the last time he complimented me, he's a cheater, and he never hugs me and he never brings me coffee or boba or breakfast, he never brings me anyfuckingthing, he never cuddles with me, even when I'm sick or sad, he always leaves right after we have sex, he never says 'thank you' or 'please' or 'you're beautiful' or 'only an idiot would focus on school when he has someone as beautiful as you interested in him.'

Does he even know my birthday?

"God, he never does anything right!" I growl.
I gasp, slapping a hand over my mouth.
Shit, these are just the kind of thoughts Jaebum says are evil. He says if I don't tell him about them then they'll take root in my throat and choke me to death.
But he can just punish me and then the bad thoughts won't come back.
I have to trust him, because if I don't, then I'll end up like my parents.