Chapter Three: The Fire Hashira, a Demon, and Six Orphans

At The Corps, In the Ubuyashiki Mansion (or where ever the Hashira meetings are held), Five Days Later

"You actually saw it?", A white haired man with scars asked. "I-I did I-I s-swear!", said a boy with straight, jet black hair. "What did it look like?", asked a man with fire like hair. "Was it Muzan Kibutsuji?!", a woman with pink hair that fades to green asked. "H-He h-had b-black hair that h-has burgundy t-tips. A-And pink eyes.", the boy with straight jet black hair said. "He also had what I believe is a green checkered haori. He h-had fire l-like markings on h-his face." Thank you, Murata. You are free to go.", a blind man with purple spreading down his face said politely. Murata bows and runs off. "Who is this demon?", a short man with black hair that fades to mint green asks himself. "The demon has never been seen nor had encountered by any slayers, until five days ago. This demon has also never killed or hurt a slayer.", a man with a white snake said. "Rengoku.", Master says. "Yes, master?", Rengoku asks. "Bring me this boy.", Master says. "Yes, master!", Rengoku says. "As for the rest of you, keep an eye out for this demon. Meeting dismissed.", says Master. The Hashira leave the meeting room. 

At Night, Two Days Later

"This is where the encounter had occurred.", Rengoku says. Rengoku is in the house of the father and the daughter. Suddenly, Rengoku hears a voice. "Hmm...this scent is enthusiastic, with a flaming passion. What a nice, happy, passionate scent!", said the voice. "Is someone there?", Rengoku asks. A figure emerges from the shadows. "Good evening! I'm Tanjiro Kamado!" "I'm Kyojuro Rengoku!", Rengoku says. "Were you looking for me?", Tanjiro asks. "Yes, actually!", Rengoku says. "The head of the Demon Slayer Corps wants to meet you." "I'm afraid that will have to wait.", Tanjiro says. "I have to see to something first." "Please, take your time!", Rengoku. The demon hops into a window. "Follow me!", Tanjiro says. 

Rengoku follows Tanjiro through a forest to a small, yet wide, abandoned temple with one floor. "Here it is!", Tanjiro exclaims. "What is this?", Rengoku asks. "This is where the orphans live. But worry not! I don't eat children, and never will! I just raise them until their ready to live on their own.", Tanjiro says. "That's nice!", Rengoku exclaims. "They are asleep right now tho-" Tanjiro is cut off by the smell of blood. "Four scents, one dead child, three men, one is the father. Why does it always have to be the father?", Tanjiro says two himself quietly. Tanjiro runs off. "Where is he going?", Rengoku asks himself. 

"HELP!! SOMEONE HELP!!"

Rengoku runs to the location of Tanjiro, who is holding the dead child, holding it tightly. "Poor youth. He was five and close to his birthday, according to his smell.", Tanjiro says. "Your not going to eat him?", Rengoku. "I wouldn't eat a child, dead or not.", Tanjiro says burying the child. "What about this man?", Rengoku asks. "I'll eat him later.", Tanjiro says. "But why didn't you get the other two men?", Rengoku asks. "That's because they didn't want part in this. They were forced to take part in the murder by the man I killed. They were good people. I could tell by their scents. That's how I choose my victims.", Tanjiro explains. "So you choose people who deserve to die, and leave the innocent?", Rengoku asks. "Indeed.", Tanjiro says. The two head back to the temple and enter it. "Please, keep you voice down, I wish not to wake the children.", Tanjiro whispers. Rengoku nods.

3 Hours Later

"That is a shame.", Rengoku says sadly. "Your family was killed, and you couldn't save them." "It is a very sad fate they had to meet. I wish that they were here all time, but sadly that isn't the case.", Tanjiro says. "That's why I keep these children. To give them a proper family, or a family they had but lost." The sun begins to rise, and some of the children wake up. "Are the kids demons too?", Rengoku asks. "No, whether they stay human or become demons is up to fate.", Tanjiro says getting up to greet the kids. "Good morning, papa!", a girl with blonde hair in braids with brown eyes, wearing a emerald green kimono says. She is followed by a boy who has short blonde hair and brown eyes, wearing a teal haori and a white kimono. "Good morning, Iwamoto and Kitamura.", Tanjiro says to the two kids. "Who's this? A demon slayer?", Iwamoto asks. "This is my new friend, Kyojuro Rengoku. Matter of fact...", Tanjiro says as he turns to face Rengoku. "Would you like to meet the rest of the children, Rengoku-san?", Tanjiro asks. "I would love to!", Rengoku exclaims.