12

Jasmine and Emmy were out of class and just chilling in their room. Mary was busy with homework so it was just them for the evening. On her bed was Jasmine crocheting something but she hadn't made a stitch in a hot minute.

"What are you hiding?" Emmy asked her friend sitting across the room who looked oddly suspicious for a Wednesday afternoon.

"Nothing," Jasmine shrugged. She moved her needles around, still not making any progress on her project.

Emmy nodded, "Yeah right, what do you want?"

Jasmine let out a breath and began to speak quickly, "So you know Anthony, from class and the club? We've... been talking ever since and we had that rain check on hanging out..."

"So..." Emmy said slowly, "Is that a problem? You seemed like you were all over him?"

"Well he wants to hang out with 'The Guys' in Daveed and Rafa's room. I can't be the only girl there," she replied.

"No," Emmy shook her head.

"I haven't even asked you yet," Jas raised her eye at her friend.

"But you're going to," Emmy raised her eyebrow right back and added, "Besides, Daveed and I in one room would probably just ruin your night"

"Come on Emmy, you can't hold that grudge forever," said Jasmine, "And you know I'd do it for you."

Emmy crossed her arms and shrugged in defeat. Jasmine was right, and she had done it for her multiple times. Every bone in her body wanted to say no, but she knew Jasmine was really starting to like Anthony.

"Fine," Emmy sighed.

"Thank you thank you thank you" Jas cheered and jumped with excitement, "Ok so help me find something to wear," she added as she pulled a mound of clothes out of her closet.

Emmy laughed and walked to her half of the room to help her sort through the pieces. There was all kinds of stuff in the pile. Jasmine had literally just taken a handful of clothes and thrown them on the floor.

About half an hour later, the two girls were ready, Jas in a fitted crop top and skirt and Emmy in a cropped cami and some jean shorts.

They headed out of the room and began to make the short walk to the dorms across the courtyard. All the way there, Jasmine went on and on about Anthony, and how sweet, and cute, and funny, and kind he was.

1000ft later and they were at the door of the boys dorm. Emmy texted Rafa who then sent a message to the front to let them in.

The girls traveled up the elevator and at last they reached their room. As expected, Daveed, Rafa, and Anthony were sitting inside, a violent video game set up on the tv.

Rafael began the greetings, pulling both Jas and Emmy into hugs. Jasmine broke away first and walked over to Ant who she immediately began chatting with and giggling.

Once Emmy pulled away, she spotted Daveed out of the corner of her eye, just sitting on his bed. She nodded up at him and gave him a smile. He smiled back and that was all that was said before Emmy took a seat on the beanbag on the floor.

The boys cut off the video game in consideration of Jas and Emmy and turned it to a movie. It was clear, however, that the only two paying attention was Rafa and Emmy. Daveed was busy reading something, and Jas and Ant were completely lost in their own world.

About halfway through the movie, Rafa got a phone call that he had apparently needed to attend to right then.

"Bye Em, See you later Jas," he called, waving at them as he got ready to leave, "Later, guys!" he added before leaving out of the room.