A Broken Road- 17

En başından başla

“In the ocean?” He asked with wide eyes. “It’s eight at night, you can’t see anything.”

I smiled with a soft laugh. “That’s the point. Now, go. I’ll meet you in the living room in five minutes.”

He sighed and stood from my bed. “You’re insane.”

“I’m a genius.” I called after him as he exited the room. As I got dressed in my solid black bikini, I heard Charlie come home, but he went straight to his room and went to bed. He works early in the morning to late at night, so when he actually is home, he’s exhausted.

“Okay, so why are we going swimming?” Alex asked once we reunited downstairs. I had a towel wrapped around me and he had one thrown over his shoulder, shirtless and wearing plain blue swim trunks.

I tried not to ogle over his exposed body for too long- because it was really nice- and used all the self-control I could muster to look away and head for the back door. “I want to try something.”

“Sex on the beach?” Alex teased.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. “Not tonight, Carter.”

We walked down the dark beach with my feet squishing through the cold sand.

Alex suggested that we swim out to where we couldn’t touch and I easily agreed so there we were, treading water in the ocean under a pitch black sky. The ocean was reflecting the moon light beautifully and you couldn’t see anything under the surface.

“So what are we doing out here?” He finally asked curiously.

I gave him a huge smirk. “I’ve always wanted to do this.”

“What? Swim in the ocean at night?”

“No.” I laughed, hooking my thumbs in my bikini bottoms and pulling them down and then off of my body. “How good can you throw?”

“Pretty good, I guess.” He said, not really knowing what was happening because he couldn’t see me unclasp my halter bikini top under the water and hold both pieces of my bikini in my hand. “What are you up to?”

“Do you think you can throw this to the shore?” I asked, holding up my swim suit.

Alex’s eyes widened comically as he realized that I was holding both pieces of my bikini.

“Well, can you?” I asked impatiently.

“Uh, um, well… y-y-yeah.” He mumbled, using a shaking hand to grip both pieces of the wet fabric. He balled it up and then threw his arm back, chucking the ball of black cloth through the air, landing firmly on the sand.

“Thank you.” I said, starting to spin around in the water in my birthday suit.

He was still motionless and shocked, which I didn’t really expect. “You… you’re… but…”

“What?” I scoffed with a smirk. “You’ve never been skinny dipping?”

“Have you?” He countered.

I grinned at him. “I asked you first.”

“No, I haven’t.” He told me and I noticed him looking down at my chest, as if he could see anything that he couldn’t have seen when I had my bikini on.

“You won’t be able to see my boobs in this water.” I told him bluntly.

He quickly moved his gaze to my eyes. “I wasn’t trying.” He denied.

I chuckled. “Yeah, okay.”

“So have you ever been skinny dipping?” He asked curiously.

“Nope, which is why I wanted to. And I love it, this is such a rush.” I grinned, spinning in a circle again and letting myself splash around in the water.