Jason glanced over at her as she fidgeted with the strap of her bag and twisted the ring around on her finger. Lacing his fingers through hers, he lightly tugged on her hand, pulling her closer to him, "What's up?"

"Nothing," She sighed, unable to shake the feeling of dread in her gut. "It's nothing."

"You were doing that thing with your ring."

Blair glanced over at him in confusion, "What thing?"

"Every time you're nervous, you twist your ring around on your finger." He pointed out, tapping it with his own finger. "Every time."

"I do not."

Jason gave her a knowing look, "Really? You don't?"

"Look, it's nothing, okay?" She repeated, rolling her shoulders back. "I just felt weird, that's all."

Before Jason could say anything else, Jim pulled into the valet space, getting out of the car with a grin, "Hey! I told you that you two could go inside."

Blair gave him a hug, watching the valet drive the car to the parking lot in the back of the restaurant. She had thought that the sinking feeling in her stomach would disappear once Jim had arrived, but somehow, it only got worse. She had no idea what the issue was. It was like her brain had kicked into overdrive.

Jim glanced over at Jason when he pulled away from her, "Jason, nice to see you again."

"You too." Jason responded, shifting awkwardly on his feet.

Jim turned back to Blair, motioning to the door with his head, "We going in now? Or do you want to wait until Christmas?"

Blair gestured to the door with her hand, "After you."

Jason gave her a look of confusion as he took her hand, following Jim into the restaurant. Just a few hours ago, she was completely relaxed, but now? Now she might as well have been walking straight into an Arkham riot with how on edge she seemed. Yet, the only one that noticed was him.

They followed a few steps behind Jim, weaving their way through the restaurant, Blair feeling more tense with every step she took. When they finally reached their table, every bad feeling suddenly made sense. Sitting at the head of the table was none other than the one person Blair thought she would never see again: her one-time sister and best friend... her cousin Barbara Gordon.

Blair froze, taking in the smile of greeting, the way Barbara was sitting there like she had never left, like everything was like it had been years ago... then her eyes fell on the wheelchair. The damn wheelchair she never should've needed. She didn't know whether to run far away or to just start crying. Just what she needed, another one of her family members that hated her.

Without meaning to, she squeezed Jason's hand tightly, so tight that he glanced down in alarm, "What? Who's that?"

Before she had the chance to answer, Jim gestured to the chairs at the table, still waiting for them to sit down, "I know it's a surprise to see Barbara, but are you going to sit down anytime soon? I was looking forward to some lasagna."

Jason nudged Blair forward, snapping her out of her head. "Right, sorry, sorry." She blinked, quickly taking the chair across from Jim, next to Barbara.

The sudden invitation to dinner this morning made more sense. Why else would her uncle have shown up at the mansion to personally invite her and Jason to dinner when he usually just called? This was a special occasion; the golden girl was home.

Jim smiled widely, "Your cousin decided to move back home, finally."

"Did she?" Blair forced a smile, turning her gaze on Barbara. "The last I heard she wanted to leave this hellhole in her rearview mirror and never look back."