~2~ - The Attic

Walking ahead the boy in the monotone colors squeezed through, looking down the hall on his left, walking to the door barricaded by some crates so he squeezed through whatever crack was there. He heard the tune get louder. The teenage boy looked down the stairs, raising a brow under his bag as he began walking down the stairs. Turning right once at the other corner of the stairs, before jumping off. He looked right, and walked to the boarded room.

The tune kept playing as he now heard humming in tune of the music box.

From what Mono could decipher... It sounded like a girl!

He peeked through the boards, seeing another teenager like himself with shoulder length black hair, pale as ever skin and a sweater with some shorts.

He tried getting their attention by saying some 'pssst' and 'hey's which didn't work since the music box was louder than his voice. Sighing, the kid went to another room, seeing an axe embedded into something. He thought until... Idea! He jumped up and grabbed the handle, wiggling and finally it fell out of place, him hitting the ground and the axe next to him.

Quickly sitting up, Mono picked up the axe by the handle, walking to the door in a worried manner. 'What if after this the other gets scared?' he continued to think before swinging the axe into the boards, the music tune stopped and he heard rustling of someone moving.

The bag headed boy got through hitting the boards, tossing the axe down somewhere next to him and walked into the room, looking to the kid under the table...

He could tell they were scared, so he lowered himself to the ground, a bit of his jacket resting on the floor. Seeing the other kid crawl out, yep, a girl. He could tell from the feminine look...

And... Soft face?

He felt mesmerized, taking in some details of her face. Smooth cheeks and skin from the looks, some red silver eyes... He couldn't look away, for he felt like he was in love at first sight.

He offered out his hand, tilting his head just a little, "Hey..."

The girl looked him up and down, taking in details. Surely he loved the monotone colors. She still crawled over, slowly taking her hand out so maybe get a hold of his, before immediately standing up and pushing him down to the side and running passed him.

Mono was caught by surprise once pushed down, shaking his head and looking to the doorway, "Seems she wanted out?..." He mumbled before sitting up and looking to the music box, "Nice... Eye is freaky... What does it stand for?..."

He kept staring at it before hearing a small squeak, snapping his attention to behind him, the girl was watching as she looked to a wood piece she knocked over, "H-hey!" He stuttered out before turning around.

She jumped and went to run.

"Wait, I'm not going to hurt you!..." Mono mentioned out loud but quietly as he ran after her, tripping over his own feet but catching himself, jumping up the stairs and running after her.

He fumbled to catch his breath once at the top of the stairs and squeezing through the doorway, seeing her run around the corner. He proceeded to run after her, turning left and running into another room, which looked like a dining room.

He continued to run, climbing up a shelf after her. Ignoring the taxidermy that was mounted in chairs with rotting food and flies buzzing around with some gnats.

He jumped through a vent only to be met with the floor. He grunted, groaning as he looked to his left, seeing the girl jumping pretty high and grabbing a rope, seeming she was trying to pull.