II. nobara kugisaki

It was sunny outside today, the sunlight breaking through the windows and easily illuminating everything in the hall

It was sunny outside today, the sunlight breaking through the windows and easily illuminating everything in the hall. Haruki stood outside Itadori's room with her back against the wall, patiently waiting for the boy to come out.

They had to pick up the final first year at Harajuku, which the unknown girl decided on. Haruki could only hope that they could at least get along since she wanted to avoid being stuck with someone she disliked for the next 4 years of her life. Though, it wouldn't be so long if either of them died suddenly.

"Hey, are you ready to go?"

"Yup, all ready now. I finally get to see Tokyo Tokyo~!"

Itadori eventually stepped out of his dorm, an oddly happy look on his face. Haruki found it strange. Ever since she found out about his death that was eventually approaching, it never left her mind. It seemed different for him, however. Although it hadn't even been 24 hours since the bomb was dropped, he was smiling about something as simple as going to Tokyo.

"This is Tokyo Tokyo," Haruki pointed out to him. "The only difference is that the school is out in the mountains. Where we're going is Harajuku."

"Have you already been there?"

"I went once. It's a crowded place, so don't go running around."

The couple eventually left the school with Fushiguro and headed to the Harajuku Train Station. Kiyotaka Ijichi, one of the prominent auxiliary managers for the Tokyo school, was the one to drive them there. He must've received word from Gojo, who was once his senpai when they were in school because the teenagers didn't even need to call for him.

Once they arrived outside the station, Itadori and Haruki found something to snack on. Although Haruki offered to pay, Fushiguro decided not to eat anything. So while Itadori ate his soda popsicle and Haruki her Pocky, Fushiguro kept watch for Gojo. They stood by a railing, patiently waiting.

They were still waiting when Itadori asked, "How are there only four first years? Isn't that too little?"

"Think about it, can you honestly say you've met someone else in your life who sees curses?" Fushiguro shot back.

"Well-"

"Besides us," Haruki cut in.

"-I guess not."

"That's because jujutsu sorcerers, they're rare."

"And even less of them are our age. When you're young and inexperienced, being a sorcerer is tough. Another part of why there's so little sorcerers is because many die out in the field. Especially for those our age, most die because they don't know what to do when they're put in a tough spot for the first time." Haruki could see the questioning stare the noirette gave her from her peripheral vision, but she paid no mind.

Itadori frowned, "Yet you two still chose to be sorcerers. Aren't you scared that'll happen to you?"

"Things are different for us. We grew up with our jujutsu and learned how to use it. Though not perfect, at least we got the experience. We also happen to owe a certain someone."