Mina

Myoui Mina, Sana's baby. Mina is part of the maknae line (as she insists) but is not treated as one because of how mature she is. But despite her introvert and shy self, Mina is actually still a baby. And so, Mina is treated as J-Line's maknae.

Mina is Sana's baby.

The door of Sana's room opened revealing Mina who was dressed in shorts and a hoodie, and is grasping her Nintendo Switch and snacks on both hands.

"Hey Minari, you're on the wrong door." Sana giggled as she thought that Mina entered the wrong room and is planning on locking up on her room and play all day.

Mina shyly shook her head and pushed the door closed. She walked towards Sana's bed and set her snacks and Switch on the bedside table. She then got on top of Sana and snuggled to her.

"I want to lock up here."

"In my room?"

"Mmm mm!" She hummed and nod her head.

"Why?"

"Why?" Mina repeated and pouted. "I can't?"

"That's not what I mean, I was just asking." Sana shook her head and pulled Mina closer. "You can crash in here whenever."

Mina nodded her head happily and snuggled further into Sana.

Sana just smiled and patted her hair gently.

"Satang?"

"Yes, Mitang?"

Mina doesn't say anything and just kissed Sana's cheek. She then pushed herself up a little and took her Switch. She then laid comfortably on Sana and decided to play.

Sana, who wasn't expecting the affection, got startled. She looked at the girl laying on her and just shook her head. It's not that rare for Mina to be affectionate and clingy but it's still not often.

Sana's about to go back to watching random videos on her phone when she noticed that Mina isn't actually playing. Grasping her Nintendo Switch with both hands but she's just looking at it, or rather she's lost in her thoughts.

Sana observe her for a moment and then decided to ask her. "Why did you really came here, Mitang?"

Mina looked up at her. "I want to stay with you, Unnie."

Sana placed her phone at her bedside table and caressed Mina's hair. "And why's that?"

"Why? I can't?"

"No, Mina.." Sana started. "..that's not what I'm saying. But we both know you can't hide anything from me, right? I know when you're lying, when you're stressed.." She then gazed at her baby softly. "..and I also know when you're sad and anxious."

Mina kept quiet at that. She really can't hide anything from Sana, that's how close they've gotten.

"What's wrong, Minari?" Sana shook her head. "Or rather, what's on your mind?"

Silence filled the room for some moment as Sana waited for Mina to talk. Mina's a type of person that didn't like getting pressured and she must gather her thoughts first before replying. Which is both good and bad in a way.

"I've been having thoughts lately.."

"About?"

"About quiting."

Shocked, Sana decides to just let Mina talk first. "Hmm."

"I-I.. I think being an idol is not for me.." Mina said and fondled Sana's shirt. "I'm not a great dancer as Momo, I'm not a good singer like Jihyo, Nayeon unnie, and Jeongyeon unnie, I'm not a rapper like Chaengie or Dahyunnie, I'm not pretty or cute like you and Tzuyu. I'm just Mina, the quiet introvert of the group. Are idols supposed to be this introverted? Are they supposed to get nervous on every little meeting with other people?"

Sana stayed quiet and continued caressing Mina's hair. She let the girl rant out her thoughts.

"I don't know what I'm doing here anymore. I don't know why am I even here. What am I supposed to be doing here?"

As Mina quieted down and hugged Sana, the latter calmly asked her. "Do you remember when you were out shopping with your mom and a JYP staff approached you? What did you feel?"

"Shocked, nervous, curious"

"When you got over your shock and you thought about the offer, what did you thought about it?"

"That it's a risk I should take. That no other opportunities come like this."

"Hmm, then you auditioned, signed the contract, and flew here. A new country that you can't even speak the language. On your first day here, what are your thoughts?"

"That it's scary, and I immediately regretted coming." Mina replied with a soft voice.

Sana continue on caressing her hair as she stare up the ceiling of her room, thinking back to all the things that happened before.

"Still, you go on. Why is that?"

"Because I refuse to back down like that. I haven't done anything yet, I have to prove something."

"That's right. And your refusal to back down made you join Sixteen. In there, you show everyone what you're made off. You make sure everyone knows how big you can contribute." Sana then made Mina look at her and gave her a smile. "You're chosen by JYP-nim, chosen by all those people, supported by all those people. Why? Because they can see all the things you have to offer."

"You're saying you're not a great dancer like Momo? Why do you have to compare? You're a main dancer for a reason, Minari. Not because you can't do it like Momo doesn't mean you're not as great." Sana then placed both her hands on Mina's cheeks. "You're not a good singer than Jihyo, Nayeon unnie and Jeongyeon? They're great singers, yes, but that doesn't mean you're not great too. Your voice is not as loud and cheerful as theirs but your soft voice is also beautiful, it gives our songs sentimental vibes. You're not a good rapper? Me neither, but that doesn't mean we should compare. Being a rapper is hard and those two are talented."

Mina started tearing up as she saw how genuine Sana is through her eyes. That every word Sana is saying to her is what she's genuinely feeling.

"Also, you're not cute or pretty? Mitang, have you seen yourself?" Sana shook her head. "Anyone with eyes can totally see how gorgeous you look."

Mina giggled a little at that.

"What I'm saying is, Mitang.. Think about what made you want to go on. What made you sign a contract and what made you compete with all you got." Sana smiled at her. "It's okay to be nervous, anxious, from time to time. That's what makes you human."

"Also, it's okay if you have doubts. Because as long as you tell me about them, I can help you think about things."

Mina smiled and snuggled close to Sana. "Thanks, Satang... as always."
_______________

Sana didn't know when did she fell asleep, but movements made her woke up. Before she could open her eyes, she heard whispers coming from beside her bed.

"Should we wake them? Do you think they already ate?" She heard a voice, sounding like Jeongyeon, asked.

"Nah, let's keep them like that. They look comfortable. Especially Mina right there." She then heard another, sounds like Nayeon, answering. "She looks tired these past few days, she needs this sleep."

"Alright then, come on, I've been craving for chicken since yesterday."

"Wait!"

"What?"

"I have to take a picture first."

Myoui Mina, Twice's resident introvert and always insists that she's part of the maknae line. She can be seen as Sana's baby. Mina might be quiet and shy most of the time, but Sana has no doubts. She has no doubt that Mina is her soulmate.
_________________________________________

maybe i'll try editing all the chapters here someday, who knows. Thanks for reading again!