Emma Gray...Who?-Chapter 3

"Great." I mumbled to myself and walked a little longer until my one and only option became known, the police. I looked up and a saw two figures walking hand in hand.

"Excuse me." I asked stopping the couple.

"Yes?" The girl asked with a giggle as the boy playfully tickled her sides.

"Can you please tell me where the nearest police station is?" I asked with a lump in my throat.

"Just make the next left and keep walking straight you should see it in a couple of blocks."

"Thank you so much." I said calmly and we parted ways, but not before a shrill roar of laugther exploded behind me. On Hubert St. I made a left and kept walking until a nasty grungy looking street came into my view. Different shadows and silhouettes began to float around like ghosts and I felt my heart beat faster.

"Are you lost mami?" A voice called and I swiftly put my head down. I started walking faster hopeful the police station would be coming up anytime soon. As I crossed a street I felt my heart practically leap out of my chest. It was as though fireworks were being shot off right by, but these shots weren't going to make beautiful flowers in the sky they were gunshots. My pace was now practically a jog as I kept going willing myself not to believe that I was going deeper into a danger.

"Woah woah where do you think you're going?" I heard the voice before the feeling. I bumped into someone and recoiled back.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered and tried to skirt around the person.

"Not so fast young lady." The man chuckled grasping my arm and I quickly tried to pull away as I felt tears making their way down my cheeks. "Look at me." He said gruffly forcing my chin up to his eyes. The man looked pale and sick underneath the lighting. He was bad with a stout build, my eyes moved away from his gray ones and looked to my surroundings. Screaming would do no help for me, my chin felt as though it was on fire.

"Very beautiful." He whispered moving his hand to my cheek. I closed my eyes shut and willed myself to ignore his touch. "Now why is such a beautiful young lady out here at such a time by yourself?" He asked. "You know some bad things could happen if you're not careful." He whispered in my ear and I felt bile rise into my throat. Every single time I read or watched about such an event the leading man would swoop in and save the damsel in distress, but this time I knew I wasn't reading a romance novel. He started walking forward until my back hit something hard, a wall.

"I'll protect you." He whispered once more.

"Please don't." I said in a cracked voice as the sound of a belt coming off echoed in my ears like drums.

"Beg me." He hissed and I felt myself dying fast. I numbed myself and shrunk into my mind becoming nothing more than child wanting to be held by her mother. Fight back! My brain snarled at me and threw me back into reality. There was no time for self pity as the man's hands were now working on my jeans button, in one swift motion I kicked as hard as I could in the one place that never seemed to fail. The man fell to the floor whimpering in pain, I wasn't thinking before I was off the wall and running once more into a completely unfamiliar area. My heart rate was of the charts as I ran into the night counting my blessings, though that too was short lived. I looked up and wasn't able to stop before I once more collided with another body. That's it if we get out of this alive we're learning self defense.

"Be careful." A voice spoke catching me by my arm. I quickly pulled back learning from my mistake, I didn't have to be in the same position twice. I didn't bother saying a petty sorry to the man and tired to keep walking.

"You know it's rude not to apologize." The voice spoke again and I felt my mind flutter with recognition. I looked up slowly and virtually felt happiness rain down. Without even a second of thought I attacked the young man into a bone crushing hug. Within seconds I realized what it was that I was doing, I swiftly let go and looked into those brown eyes.