Chapter 21

Viola was standing in front of Leon's room. She was hesitant about going in but she wanted to talk to Leon too. She took a deep breath and knocked at the door. After Leon gave his permission, Viola slowly opened the door and entered the room.

Leon was sitting on his desk, reading some reports as usual. He looked up to see who came in and was surprised to see Viola.

"It's you." He said calmly. Viola nodded.

Leon got up from his seat. "You don't have to knock every time you come here, you know. This is your room too, anyway."

"... Sorry..." Viola rubbed her lips with her hand, making her voice almost inaudible.

Leon did not know what Viola was apologizing for but he did not pursue the matter further.

Another knock came on the door. "Young Master, can we serve the dinner now?" Aria's voice was heard behind the door.

"Come in." Leon replied.

Soon a table was set in a room next to the entrance and Aria left the room quietly after arranging Viola's flowers in the bedroom.

The two took a seat facing each other and in front of them was a table full of delicious looking food cooked by the family chef. They looked like something coming out from the kitchen of a 7-star hotel. Does Leon always eat like this at home? Viola had always asked the kitchen not to over prepare her meals at home. She preferred sandwiches and soups over fancy meals.

"What is it?" Viola asked in the middle of their dinner.

"What about what?" Leon asked back. His attention was focused on his grilled steak.

"Didn't you ask me to come here to talk?"

"After dinner." Leon replied shortly.

After a satisfying full course meal, Viola decided to explore Leon's room... or rooms while Leon was on the phone talking to someone. The last time she was here, her legs were injured so she had to restrain her curiosity. Tonight, she was free to move around.

Viola went back to the entrance. From the entrance door, she could see Leon standing nearby his working desk at the back of the room. There were a couple of cabinets and bookcases to hold his books and documents on the sides, and a set of sofas in front of the desk. They look more like an office than a bedroom, Viola thought. On its right, separated by two sliding glass doors with wooden frames, was the dining room where they had their dinner just now.

Leon was still on the phone. He was now half sitting on his desk, facing the big window, admiring the moon as he talked. Viola continued to the left side of the room. She was now in the master bedroom. She glanced at the bed and felt goosebumps all over her body as she remembered the last time she was here. She shivered again. Must be the cold weather. The console table stationed across the bed caught her eyes. She did not notice them before, but there were a couple of photo frames on top of it. Viola walked closer to take a better look at them.

The first one on the left was a photograph of Leon and his father on his graduation day. Viola could see how proud Ian looked holding up Leon's Best Graduate award. The second one, Viola assumed, was baby Leon and his mother. His mother was holding Leon's hands, teaching him how to walk. Viola looked closer at the laughing infant. So cute. The third one was a teenager Leon sitting on a bench with a young girl beside him. He was reading a book while the girl was sleeping with her head on his shoulder and her mouth wide opened. This had to be Lady Sarah, Viola thought. Viola picked up the next photo, which was also the last. It was her wedding photo with Leon. Both of them looked stiff. There was no love in it. Viola sighed. The newly added collection felt so out of place compared to the other heart-warming photos.

"What are you doing?"

Viola almost dropped the photo she was holding. She quickly put it back on the table.

"Oh... you are... done?" Viola asked, half smiling.

Leon sat on the edge of the bed. He patted the space beside him. "Come here."

Viola walked to the bed and sat beside Leon.

It took a while before Leon started talking. "Do you like your new job?"

Viola was surprised to hear Leon asking about her job but she nodded.

"Why did you suddenly want to work?" Leon was now looking directly at her.

Viola blushed and looked away. "It... it's not a sudden decision, actually. Umm... you see... I used to work in Mir, before coming here." Viola paused to see Leon's reaction. Leon did not say anything. His handsome eyes were still on her, waiting to listen more. "A... anyway! I was bored, so I wanted to find something to do!" Viola added nervously.

"It's late. I should go back..." Viola stood up and smiled awkwardly, trying to run away.

Leon pulled her shawl lightly. "Sit. We are not done."

Viola bit her lip and took her seat back.

"Did you choose that florist on purpose?" Leon asked, his tone was sharp.

"Huh?"

"I am asking if you chose that florist because of Walter."