1

"Princess, please don't do this. Let's go back." Nari pulled Lisa by the leg as she kept trying to escape through the roof.

Lisa shook her head and continued to climb the roof, "Ah! Nari-ya! Let me go! I don't want that damn matchmaking! Why me?!"

"Princess, come down first. I'll explain," Nari said patiently.

"I don't want to!" Lisa kicked Nari's hand which kept holding her leg and climbed up the roof.

"Princess!"

"Kim Lalisa!"

Hearing that voice, Lisa immediately stopped climbing. She slowly descended the cold staircase without looking back. When her feet hit the ground, she immediately turned around and looked at the person who called her.

"Empress..."

Gyeoul had a plain look on her face. "Is that the attitude a princess should show?"

"No, Empress. I'm sorry." Lisa looked down, not daring to look at Gyeoul's face.

"Bring Princess Lalisa to my room now," ordered Gyeoul.

Nari protested, "Your Majesty! Please don't punish Princess Lalisa! Just punish me instead. She's still young and doesn't understand anything. I'll teach her. She just doesn't want to join this matchmaking."

"The last time Princess Lalisa rebelled, you said the same thing. How can this happen again? Are you even good at teaching her?"

"Don't want to join the matchmaking?" The Empress scoffed.

"That's the King's order. How dare she go against the King's orders? Quickly take her to my room!"

"Your Honour!"

"Nari, don't worry about me. After all, this isn't the first time." Lisa said.

"Princess..."

"Are you going to do it again?!"

Gyeoul continued to whip Lisa's back mercilessly. The woman looked at Lisa hatefully, the girl keeping her mouth shut as the whip grazed the princess' frail skin. Meanwhile, Nari covered her mouth and held back tears as she saw her master being whipped in front of her eyes, not being able to do anything.

The girl was used to it. If she used to scream in pain, now she just surrenders and endures the pain.

"Concubine Im and the Second Prince entered the room!"

Lisa looked at her mother and brother who had just arrived. She smiled bitterly as she saw their faces full of sweat. "They ran here..."

"Lisa!" Taehyung looked at her younger sister who looked very tired.

"Your Majesty, let me punish her in my palace. I am rather incompetent at teaching her." Yoona said.

Gyeoul threw her whip to one of her maids and slowly approached Yoona. She then cupped Yoona's cheek with one hand, "Yes, of course, you are incompetent. But, are you sure you will punish your child? What if you just replace her? She certainly wouldn't do it again."

"Don't touch my mother! It's my fault! Don't punish her!" Lisa screamed. In her heart, she blamed herself for rejecting the arranged marriage with her childish attitude.

"Okay. I'll let you go this time. But, there's no second time. Now go and prepare yourself. Prince Jung will come this afternoon." Gyeoul said.

Nari then helped Lisa up and supported her. Gyeoul smiled triumphantly as she saw Lisa's pathetic state.