"She's with the kids in the playroom."

"I'm really sorry, honey." Andrew exclaimed and it made the blonde wonder why he apologized, Andrew smiled as if sensing the wonder in her ex wife's aura, "For everything." He added and looked at his hand holding hers, "I am sorry for the times when I didn't love you enough. For all those times that I was jealous, for those times when I wasn't a good husband to you. I'm sorry."

"Andrew..."

"No, really. I'm sorry. I admit, I was mad when I knew that you and Sandra got back together. I apologized for I did curse her name, I so badly wanted to break the two of you, but as time passed by, I realized that you two are meant to be together." He squeezed her hand before he looked up to meet her eyes, "I am the happiest knowing you two have found each other. And God --" He let go and threw his face on his hands, "I so wanted to walk you down  the aisle to marry her. I was so excited for your wedding, but bullshit." His tears fell and the blonde froze on her seat, "Things have gone differently. I am sorry. I am really sorry. I tried, I really did." He mumbled, with his head bent down, "I did try to stop Sandra from giving her eyes to you, because you wouldn't like it,  but she was just so hard."

"Yeah." The blonde softly uttered, "She's hard."

"Do you know that she told me to fuck off when I told her she couldn't do it because you would be mad?" Andrew laughed, "She almost hit me on the face."

Cate softly laughed, "I know it must been hard for you too, you know - our marriage."

"Yeah, it was. But now, it's not anymore." Andrew breathed in, "For I know that you have found someone who would be very willing to sacrifice her own life for you."

"I hate her for doing it."

"And I hate her for having bigger balls than I." Andrew chimed and it made the blonde laugh, "She loves you, more than we can fathom." Andrew paused, he then went on to wipe the tears on Cate's face, "And honey, my heart slowly grows to love your future wife too. I can see a bright future ahead of you two and I will do everything for the both of you to have it. You two have my full support."

"Oh, Andrew. Having to know that means a lot to me."

Over the past few years, loving Cate frightened Andrew. He knew he was giving too much love, spent so much time for her. And he was once afraid that loving her might empty him. But then he realized that Cate did love him too, the problem was - he poured more than what she gave him. Still, Andrew loved her even though he was the person who chose to stand and wait for her in a thousand busy crowd. He wanted to erase every road that took him to their memory lane - 23 years of marriage gone, replaced, but somehow he was thankful that it wouldn't be forgotten, no matter how hard he did try to. They said you could never be friends with an ex, more especially with the new lover of your ex. It was painful for him because one night, her love tickled him goodnight, but when he woke up, her love was now knocking on someone else's door. Did it hurt Andrew? Yes. Did he hurt them back? No.

The silence enveloped them both, but unlike before, it wasn't disturbing anymore. It was calming, as if both were watching the feral waves chasing the shoreline.

"I want you to have this." Andrew broke the silence as he handed Cate an envelope.

The blonde looked at him with a questioning gaze, but he gave her a smile. Confusion and wonder clouded her mind, still she accepted the envelope, and when she opened it, her lips parted.

"Last will and testament?" She hissed, "Why?"

"Written in there are my assets. I want you to have 50% of everything and the rest would be distributed to our kids. Five of my companies will be --"

"Why are you telling me this?" Cate's voice raised, "Why?" She asked again.

"Honey, listen, everything written --"

"No!" The blonde cut him off, her tears fell once more, "Why? Why, Andrew?!"

"I have only three months to leave."

Cate's lips parted as her tears fell like raindrops in a storm. Her breathing stopped and all she felt was the cold air wrapping her like a dead body inside a casket. She looked at Andrew and her brow raised, silently asking him if all he said was true, and when he nodded, Cate finally sobbed.

"Two years ago, I have found out that I have cancer. I didn't tell anyone, and I didn't take chemofor I don't want to." Andrew placed his hand on Cate's back, but the blonde swatted him off, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but there was no point at all. Cate, I have lived my life to the fullest and I am contented."

"Contented?" Cate wiped her tears and faced him on the couch, "What about us? What about the kids? We need you, Andrew! And you know that!"

Andrew silently bit his lip, he sighed as he reached for her hands, "You're brave. You're dauntless. And I know that you all can do it without me."

"Fuck you, Andrew. Fuck you." The blonde muttered angrily, "You will not die, okay? We will treat you. You will grow old. You will be able to see your grandkids, our grandkids. You will walk me down in the aisle. And you will be fucking present in my wedding!"

"I wanted to, but honey I can't." Andrew uttered softly, giving her a smile that he knew wouldn't pacify her no matter what, "I want you to listen and understand. There's no way anymore and I am contented. So contented. Do you get that?" He asked.

Cate stood in front of him with her tears flowing out continously, "Why does bad things keep happening to me?"

"Oh honey, this is not a bad thing. It's just that my life has come to an end. It's my story and we don't have the pen to rewrite it anymore. We are not gods."

"What do you want me to do?"

"I want Sandra to have my eyes."

***