𝟏𝟕 | 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐒𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐮𝐜𝐡

Start from the beginning

My head pounds rapidly as they scream at me.

"Pick up the knife! Pick it up! Pick it up!" The chant as I sit on the floor and rock gently.

"Shawn! Pick it up!!!" They scream.

"Alright!!!" I explode.

I look down and the knife is already in my hands. It's a butcher's knife and it shines under the dim glow of the basement light bulb.

"Happy!?" I yell as I clutch the knife.

I continue to rock back and forth as I drag the knife across the floor.

"No, no, no, no, no," I whisper as I hold the knife close to me.

I was too busy worrying about Joey that I forgot to take my medication. I'm worried about what I might do when I go up there with the rest of the guys.

"Joey! Get Joey," the voices tell me.

I shake my head quickly and tears prick my eyes as I swing the knife in my hands.

I try and silence them but they're not listening anymore.

"You don't control me!" I tell them as I get on my hands and knees and shake my head.

I'm dizzy from the voices and the constant motion but I don't know what else to do.

"Hey Shawn, I brought your meds," I hear Mick say as he opens the basement door.

I feel them completely take over and I panic.

I chuckle darkly to myself. It was smart of Corey to send Mick down here considering his size.

I continue laughing as I look up at him.

"The pills aren't going to work," I giggle as I hold the knife close in my hands.

"It's too late for that," I grin to myself.

I know I've entered the dangerous part of this mental state and I'm scared of what I might do.

"I'm gonna hurt him," I smile.

I feel like I'm outside of my body. I'm saying these things but I don't mean them. The voices have completely pushed me aside and taken the wheel.

"Shawn, I understand you're not in a good place right now but I need you to drop that knife," Mick tells me as he takes one step down the stairs.

My laughing continues as I look up at him with wild eyes.

"He's in for a world of hurt, oh, I can't wait," I grin as I stand up.

"Shawn sit down!" Mick yells as I hold the knife even tighter in my grip.

"No," I tell him.

What am I saying? I don't even know what I'm doing at this point. I'm merely watching as the voices take control. I try to push them aside but they hiss at me.

"Shawn I'm warning you," Mick says cautiously as I step closer.

"Is Joey in the bath still?" I hum, completely ignoring his threat.

"Shawn. You promised not to kill him," Mick says firmly as he stares down at me.

"Oh I'm not going to kill him. I'm just going to show him what pain really is," I smile as I step even closer.

Mick crosses his arms and braces himself between the walls as I charge up at him, the butchers knife still in my hands.

"Shawn," Mick growls as I try to push him out of the way.

"Move!" I yell.

"No!" Mick says as he pushes me back.

"Mick please, I don't want to fight you," I say as Mick stands firmly between me and the door.

"Shawn listen closely. You're going to put that knife down, then you're going to take a deep breath and take these pills. I know this isn't really you talking but if you keep charging at me like this I'm going to clock you over the head," Mick warns. His voice is calm but there's an aggression to it that tickles my ears.

I smile up at him as I put my hands up in mock surrender.

"Okay, okay, you're the boss," My body says.

I know that the voices are lying to him but no matter what I do I can't take control of my own body.

Mick watches as I sit down and stare over at him. He takes the opportunity to walk into the room and set the pills down next to me. As soon as he does I stand up and dash up the stairs.

"Shawn!" Mick yells at me as my legs carry me up the stairs and out of the basement.

"Joey, Joey, Joey," the voices chant and I wince as I try to fight them.

The knife is still in my hands as I run through the house like a mad man.

A/N:
06.27.21
This chapter was written by
@7_MICK_7