How can you hate me when you know I love you?

Preface

 My name is Lizzy Woods and I’ve never been interested in any guy before him…I’ve always thought that they were a waste of space, but then James Turner came along.  He moved from L.A His first day he came prancing down the halls, and that was the day I fell in love.  As cheesy as it sounds it was love at first sight …for me.   I’m completely head over heels for him and he hates me!  As if there isn’t anything worse than that I’ve tried everything in my power to get him to notice me.  Nothing happens!  Well other than James calling me worthless or desperate and shoving me out of his way to get to his next class.  To make it even more miserable we have every single class together, and it is as bad as it sounds.  You see every preppy little thing in my school is after him.  If He’d only notice my natural brown hair, and midnight eyes he’d see I was different! However, I get to see girl after girl come up to him and flirt, but James doesn’t hate them instead he asks them out.  Girl after girl goes by yet I’m unnoticed in the sidelines.

Chapter 1: Ignored

“Will you go on a date with me tonight?” James asked the slutty girl beside him.

“Of Course!” the slut squealed.  I had to admit that she was one of the hottest girls in the classroom, but that only made matters worse.  Both of their words cut me like a knife so deep that I could barely breathe.  ‘Why her and not me?’ I thought to myself. So I decided to speak my mind

“Why her and not me? She is a freaking slut and I am nothing close to it.  Does everyone have to be a slut to get to you? I’m in love with you!” I yelled at James, which he replied with

 “Because I don’t love you in fact I don’t even like you! I hate you!” The class erupted in laughter while tears poured out of my eyes.  I could still hear their laughter as I stumbled out of the room and into the hallway.I sprinted down the hall with tears running down my face.  Why must I suffer like this? Why did I have to love him? Mostly, why didn’t he love me?  I continued torturing myself with my thoughts until somebody circled an arm around my waist and pulled me into a closet. 

“I’m sorry for what happened back there.  People are so stupid.” The guy attached to the arm around my waist said.  I finally recognized him as Henry our school’s quarterback. 

“Uh yeah they are, but why do you care?” I asked. 

 “Because my girlfriend and I broke up.  I was in love with her and now she’s gone.  If I can’t have my love somebody else should have theirs.” Henry answered with so much emotion in his voice that it hurt just to hear it.  I started to say something but he cut me off. “If anyone in this school is in love it’s you; it’s written all over your face.”  

 I had to ask, “How are you going to help me? Especially considering he hates me!” He had a serious look on his face and said

 “A little thing called jealousy my friend…Lizzy will you be my fake girlfriend?” by the end he was chuckling but maintained his smirk.  After we both stopped laughing I finally managed to agree.  “Okay let’s go to our next class girlfriend.” We were both laughing at his joke on the way to class. 

You better watch out James Turner because you are going to fall for me and you are going to fall hard.  I will make you fall in love with me even if I have to jump off of a cliff to do it!

For the next week Henry and I put on a little show.  We decided if we just start dating out of the blue it would be too suspicious.  So we flirted in class, ate lunch together, and things like that.  We were currently at a movie (Drive Angry).  We were acting like ourselves since nobody from school showed up, but just my luck somebody did come.  Guess who? James and his date! What’s funny is I’ve never seen her in my life.  Maybe it’s his cousin or something.I continued to make excuses to protect myself, but no excuses could be made once they sat directly behind us .  Great.  Just break my heart a little more James!

Just then I felt a well-muscled arm pull me towards Henry. 

“Snuggle into me and whisper something in my ear, then laugh.”  I followed his instructions.  I was about to sneak a peek at James when Henry said, “act like they don’t exist.” On cue, the movie began.  I started watching the movie; Henry and I flirted throughout the movie like never before.  No matter how hard we tried I couldn’t drown out the sounds of kissing coming from behind me.  Henry clearly noticed something was wrong so he asked, “What’s wrong?”

 “I can’t stand seeing him with anyone else.” I whispered back. 

 “I know but James likes to get a girl that isn’t all over him, so when he sees you with me he will think that you are  over him.” Henry whispered back. ”Which is going to make him want you.” He explained further. 

 “I see your point but what’s stopping him from thinking we are just friends having a good time?” 

“Well if you kiss me that will clear that right up.” No sooner than he had said it we are kissing in the middle of the theater.  What’s funny is I could’ve sworn I heard a certain boy curse under his breath.Once we finished kissing I looked up to see the credits rolling so we got up and headed for the exit until James yelled,

“wait up!” We waited for James and his date to catch up to us when James asked, 

“Do you want to go to dinner with us? Like a double date?” I looked up at Henry with a look on my face that screamed ‘HELP’. 

 “Of course we would love to.” Henry said with a friendly smile. 

 “I think your date should ride with me, and mine with you so we can get to know each other a bit before dinner.” Henry added with another smile on his face. 

 “Fine with me.” James replied.  I looked back and forth between the two letting my death glare show full force.  It was silent as we walked to their cars, but I was okay with it.  ‘You have got to be kidding me.’ I thought as I got into James’ car.