Chapter 16

Our chat stops when Emily calls us to patch everyone up together. We start to search for the willing partner, and we find Irene Jacobs. We send the coordinates to the team, and I start to look at the place on the map.

"There is absolutely nothing on the land." I sigh. "It has to be hidden."

"A secret trap?" Garcia laughs.

"No, no." I think about something. "When I was younger, my dad thought the end of the world could be something. He asked to search for places we could afford. The military was selling underground strategic command centers."

"A bunker?" Garcia asks. "You truly are clever. It'll be the better to hide. I'll send the blueprints to JJ and Spencer."

She sends the information, and we wait for the end of the story.

"Isn't it the worst thing ever?" I wonder. "You have to wait here alone, while the others are in danger somewhere."

"It is..." She sighs.

"How do you cope with that?" I ask.

"I try to think about happy memories." The blonde girl smiles. "How about your father's bunker, did you ever visit it?"

"Oh hell yeah." I chuckle. "It was like going on holiday for me. My dad used it as a weapon cache, so whenever we went to the bunker, he was busy in a particular room. Me, I was running up and down the different level, I was imagining the end of the world, I had to survive and all. My mom didn't really understand why I was so fascinated by the place."

"I don't really understand either, it makes me want to search for a bigger apartment." Garcia laughs and looks at my sad face. "You miss her, don't you?" Garcia sadly looks at me.

"Everyday." I admit.

The silence fills the room, and we wait for everyone to get back. Once they are here, we join them in the open space.

"Oh my gosh, I was so worried about you guys being in that bunker." Penelope says and I just walk to an empty chair. "It made me very claustrophobic. We need to look for an even bigger apartment for me. Even bigger." She says to JJ.

"Hm." JJ looks at me with a concerned face and turns back to Penelope. "Sure, we can look tomorrow." She reassures her friend with a smile.

"I've got to say, Coleman's bunker was pretty impressive." Matt states.

"Not as impressive as my dad's one, you would have loved it." I chuckle.

"Yeah, but not where I want to spend my last day on Earth." Emily counters.

"Yeah? Where would you?" He wonders.

"Never thought about it." Emily exclaims.

"I don't want to think about it." Penelope worriedly says.

"I would definitely be on a beach." Tara states confidently.

"I think I'd prefer the mountains." Luke disagrees.

"I'd be with my family." Matt emotionally smiles.

"Same." JJ smiles and looks at me before turning behind. "Spence?"

"Paris with my mom. She liked Paris." Spencer nods.

"Let me know if you need any good restaurant address. Just in case." I smirk and point at him.

"What about, Vic?" He asks back.

"Probably here with you guys, since I am officially a BAU agent." I fake looking away and they all look at each other to see if they heard correctly.

"You've passed the test?" Tara smiles to me.

"Of course, she did." Penelope scoffs and everyone congratulates me.

"My prize will be to know how David planned this last day on Earth all out." I chuckle.

"Don't you know it." The older man smirks. "When the end comes, you'll find me at home enjoying a meal of Carbonara alla Rossi, and if there's still time, I will adjourn to my patio to partake in a double Jack and a vintage Don Carlos."

"That's sounds great." Luke admits.

"Remind me to save myself a seat at your last dinner." I tap the shoulder of the Italian man.

"All Italian people are invited for free." He winks at me.

"You mind if we join you?" Emily asks as the door of the elevator closes.