a realization (25)

“Alucard that is cheating,” Vlada responded to him portaling the pair back to Hellsing manor.

“I am a powerful vampire so I chose to make life easier than what mortals endure for traveling,” the raven haired vampire chuckled eerily.

“So it would appear but how powerful in relation to Vlad Dracula?  Is he not the first to become a vampire?” Vlada asked while her feet touched down on solid ground of the Hellsing kitchen floor.

“Oh I prefer it to be a mystery…”

“Alucard…drac-u-la…” she scowled at him.  “Well that’s not very original!  Wait…that was…erh your travel name you put down at taverns and inns. “

Now it truly settled into Dr.  Draghicescu as to the true Identity of the creature before her.  Instinct from another lifetime compelled her to courtesy even though she was not wearing a dress but blood soaked clothes.  The look doesn’t pass Alucard as he thinks he has never seen such a beautiful sight of a woman giving him due respect with a coating of blood.  His fingers wiggled from the itch to approach and lick the blood off her body.  Blood took on a different aroma when caked on the body versus the cold and sterile concrete floor in the subway.  It was if the human body is a warmer of sorts for the spilled blood so it tastes much more appealing as such.

Perhaps not such a waste of blood now.

Vlada stood still as if waiting for acknowledgement to her further actions.  His reveal meant many changes to how she approached Alucard from now on.  “Sir? How do you wish to be addressed now that I know your true name?”

A softly maniacal laugh filled the air,”As much as I would prefer the respect given of old, these days I am simply a man from the shadows and not any member of royal society…”

“Can you change your looks to an earlier period of time?” she now questioned him. “As you would have looked in the predays of your transformation?”

Alucard knew exactly where this question iwas leading and as much as he wanted to admit the truth, he couldn't let her catch on to his now alter ego that was courting her.  “No.  That is level zero for me and Dr. Abraham Hellsing made sure only a member of Hellsing blood can give the command for me to reach such a level currently. 

"I am not your prince charming Drago…"

Alucard could hear the wheels of her mind turning.  She turned away from him and mumbled something," Why the dreams?"

Alucard moved closer to loom over her,"What dreams? Share them would you?"

"It's all rather bizarre really," she tossed her hands in the air. "We're distant cousins and I am staying at Vlad's residence, your residence.  You have me under foot to get someone to foolishly marry me off or it's the nunery."

"I did have a cousin before that looked much as you do…"Alucard paused.

"So what became of me?" Vlada asked nonchalantly.  She was expecting lies and such not the truth.

Alucard fidgeted with his left glove before answering,"What you would call a serial,  kidnapped …you and I were not able to rescue you in time."

"Alucard…it's just dreams because I'm around you,"the Doctor slapped his coat. "Don't be so melodramatic.  I'm shaken up some but I will continue on work here at Hellsing a couple days until things settle."

"There is proof," he sighed. "That locket you wear has strands of a man and a woman's hair tied together with faded red ribbon…"

"What?!" Vlada sputtered. "How could you…?"

"How did I know?" He bowed his head slightly. "Because I had it specially made for you…your ancestor and the hair is ours-theirs tied together."

"Are you saying I am the reincarnation of your dead cousin?" Liliana hissed out clenched teeth.  "It was given to a family member but there never was a mention of you lord impaler."

"The locket disappeared after your death…"Alucard was becoming frustrated that he can't separate this Vlada from the one of his past.  Many things were similar but also very different. He didn't even believe in reincarnation before Dr. Draghicescu showed up at Hellsing.

"I am a doctor and a forensics specialist!" Her hands raised up once more. "I am not coming around to be your distant cousin!  You are quite mad in the head…"

Alucard shrugged his broad shoulders," Choose to believe it or not.  It doesn't matter or affect me.."

His body produced shadows and then was gone through the floor.  This new and shocking release was quite the turn of events.  Her beloved locket was from the Impaler Prince himself.  Lana headed straight to Sir Hellsing's office and knocked.  The good doctor hasn't debriefed Sir Integra.

"Enter Dr. Draghicescu..I presume," Integra stated.

"Evening Sir Hellsing," Liliana entered the office and quietly closed the oak door. "Do you need a debriefing?"

"Alucard relayed most of it from Scott at Scotland yard," she took a sip of tea. "I sense something else isn't allowing you to rest well."

Dr. Draghicescu sat down, of course, in Alucard's preferred red leather chair. "It has come to my addled mind that Alucard is none other than Vlad Dracula. This puts a completely new twist on my life."

Liliana paused to choose more words so Sir Integra continued the discussion.  "How does this affect your stay here? I am unconcerned about you and him. You have been professional and it's not everyday the concept of reincarnation has such strong proof."

"I see…"Dr. Draghicescu said while now looking at her hands. "I am unsure how to proceed. I do know that I can't keep this family heirloom.  It connects me to a past I don't really wish to understand."

"I will have Walter lock the necklace up and do you want your ring also?" Sir Hellsing inquired.

"Oh…yes please," Liliana said a bit surprised as the ring was a tie to her now late but moving cousin of old, she didn't know she had.  She removed the ring and handed both to Integra.

"Are you able to gleam any more ideas on the killers Jak and Vic?" Integra changed the subject.

"I am going to try and get some sleep," Lana stood up now. "I have another unrelated case of the woman drained dry of blood by what I once thought was a horror film monster and nothing more."

"I suggest your least favorite Hellsing member and have Alucard look into this," Sir Integra rubbed her temples softly.  "Vampires fall under Hellsing jurisdiction."

Liliana nodded her tired head," Then I leave you and Alucard to good hunting…"

How quickly life could change in an instant...

"Think, when a man or a Prince is tough and strong within, then he can make peace as he pleases; and when he is powerless, a stronger one will come upon him and do whatever he wants with him.” –~Vlad the Impaler