Chapter 8

Tony went into the barn looking at the tractor so he could figure out what was wrong with it. But the thing was he wasnt alone.

"Do me a favor. Try not to bring it to life." Nick says walking out of the shadows.

"Why, Mrs.Barton, you little minx. I get it Maria Hill called you, right? Was she ever not working for you?" Tony questions walking to him.

"Artificial Intelligence. You never even hesitated. Even when someone told you no." Nick says.

"Look, its been a really long day, like Eugene O'Neill long, so how about we skip to the part where you're useful." Tony says.

"Look me in the eye and tell me you're going shut him down." Nick says.

"You're not the director of me." Tony says.

"Im not the director of anybody. Im just an old man who cares very much about you." Nick says sitting down.

Tony had to think for a moment and then he had to say something about what he was shown.

"And Im the man who killed the Avengers. I saw it. I didnt tell the team. How could I?" Tony questions walking towards the tractor again.

"I saw them all dead, Nick. I felt it. The whole world, too. Because of me. I wasnt ready. I didnt do all I could." Tony says.

"Maximoff girl, she's working you, Stark. Playing on your fear." Nick says.

"I wasnt tricked, I was shown. Wasnt a nightmare, it was my legacy. The end of the path I started us on." Tony says to him.

"You come up with some pretty impressive inventions, Tony. War isnt one of them." Nick says.

"I watched my friends die. You think that'd be as bad as it gets, right? But to see my own child dead and this time I couldnt save her. Nope that isnt the worse part." Tony says.

"The worse part is that you didnt." Nick says to him.

Thor had met up with a friend who is to help him get back into his dream. While he was doing that the team was Clint's home as Fury was talking with them.

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say that he is building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with, I dont think its just one thing." Nick says.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asks.

"Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guy is multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. It still doesnt help us get an angle on any of his plans, thought." Nick says.

"Plans to destroy human kind no doubt." Willa mumbles to herself.

"What was that?" Nick says.

"Nothing." Willa says.

"Is he still going after launch codes?" Tony asks.

"Yes he is. But he's not making any headway." Nick says.

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare." Tony says.

"Well, I contacted our friends at Nexus about that." Nick says.

"Nexus?" Steve questions.

"Its the world internet hub in Oslo. Every byte of data flows through there. Fastest access on Earth." Bruce says.

"So what did they say?" Clint asks.

"He's fixated on the missiles. But the codes are constantly being changed." Nick says.

"By whom?" Tony asks as Clint almost hit him with a dart.

"Parties unknown." Nick says.

"They have to be pretty smart to be changing the code all the time." Willa says.

"Do we have an ally?" Nat asks.

"Ultron's got an enemy. Thats not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is." Nick says.

"I might need to visit Oslo. Find our unknown." Tony says.

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kinda hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Nat says.

"I do. I have you. Back in the day I had eyes everywhere. Ears, everywhere else. You kids had all the tech you could dream up. Here we all are back on Earth, with nothing but our wit and our will to save the world. Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission." Nick says looking around at the team.

"And wether or not he admits it, and as Willa very well has figured out. Thats right I heard what you said." Nick says to her.

"Ultron's mission is global destruction. All this laid in the grave. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard." Nick says.

"Steve doesnt like that kind of talk." Nat says.

"You know what Romanoff?" Steve questions as she smirked at him.

"So what does he want?" Nick asks.

"To become better. Better than us. He keeps building bodies." Steve says.

"Person bodies. The human form is inefficient. Biologically speaking, we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it." Tony says.

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed." Nat says.

"They dont need to be protected." Bruce says to them.

"They need to evolve." Bruce says.

"You dont mean?" Willa questions.

"Ultron is going to evolve." Bruce says.

"How?" Nick asks.

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?" Bruce questions.

In her lab Ultron was there as she was making him his body. Only to bring out of the scepter a stone. Which is very powerful.