"Mhm"

"You know that in two days is our last game that decides if we go to nationals right?"

"Yeah i remember. Didn't Kita want to practise today?"

"I don't know, I think he said tomorrow. If it would have been today he probably would've already blown my phone up with texts" he said laughing a bit.

These last few games were one of the main reasons why he had to cancel plans multiple times, because of his practise. Of course you were a bit sad when he rather went to practise than hang out with you, but you knew how important it actually is for him since getting into nationals would be a really big opportunity for him. And you knew how serious their team took practise, even if it didn't look like that all the time. Since you used to play volleyball you decided to attend to their practise a few times and it made you happy that you were actually able to help them sometimes.

"Buuuut" he started as he stopped you from walking and turned you so you would face him, "I wanted to ask if you are coming to the game? It would mean much to me, but I get it if you're alre-" before he could finish his rambling you cut him off with a quick peck on the lips. 

"Of course I will be there, what question is that?" You just smiled at him and took a second to just look him in the eyes.
"Thank you" he replied with a smile.

The both of you just wanted to enjoy the moment, admiring each other.

With no care in the world, just knowing that you are there for one another.

Until there was something disturbing the peaceful silence between you. Someone was calling your phone.

No caller ID?

Before you picked up the call you expected the worst, "Just give me a second" you let go of Suna and picked up the call.

"Hello?"

"FINALLY YOU BRAT" the person on the other end basically screamed through the phone to which you pulled it a bit away from your ear since it was too loud. Suna just gave you a worried and confusing look. But by the voice and nickname you already knew who it was.

"God Kuroo what do you want?" You rolled your eyes and laughed a bit in relieve.

"So you are still alive." Kuroo stated the obvious, as always.

"Why wouldn't I be?" You were a bit confused.

While you were on the phone Suna was repeatedly asking himself why that name sounded so familiar to him.

Kuroo?

Who was that? You never mentioned anyone with that name but it still rang a bell in his head.

"Kenma was dead worried about you, why were you ignoring him and basically everyone else? He thought you.. never mind" Kuroo stopped mid sentence, now being a bit more serious since he was genuinely worried too.

"Oh fuck i totally forgot im so sorry" you took a second to think, do you actually want to tell him the truth? He would probably just tease you about it or wouldn't even believe it.

On the other hand, why would you lie? You basically told Kenma everything, but Kuroo? You weren't that close to him anyways.

"Look I will explain everything later okay? Just tell Kenma im okay and that nothing bad has happened. I'll talk to the both of you when im home."

"Fine yea okay, bye." Kuroo said on the other end and you ended the call.

You turned around back to Suna who just gave you a questionable look.

"Everything okay?" He asked as he took your hand again and intertwined your fingers with his.

"Yea no everything's fine I guess, I just.. kinda forgot about someone" you looked down in embarrassment.

Forgetting someone?

As rude as it may sound, you didn't really have anyone in mind that night.

Only one specific person.

Suna saw the worried look on your face and wanted to tell you that everything is going to be fine.

"Hey-" he brought his hand up to your cheek and you leaned into his hand. It felt so right. Like every problem in the world just disappeared.

"I have no idea who that was or what that call really was about, but I'm sure it will be okay." Suna tried to reassure you, repeatedly rubbing his thumb on your cheek. He didn't know how serious the situation was but he never liked seeing you upset wether it was about something small or not.

"I know, I just need to go and find a way to make this up, if that's okay for you?" You looked back up at him, feeling kind of bad that you had to leave him already.

"Babe," he smiled at you "you don't need my permission to do things okay?" He finished off with a small laugh. For him it was a totally normal thing, you didn't expect him to react like that. You thought he'd be mad or something else that wouldn't have a good outcome.

"Right, sorry" you sighed, "I'll go then" you gave him a small smile.

Suna nodded, "alright, I'll text you". He kissed you one last time before you made your way home.

On the way home your smile faded a bit, thinking about how you would explain all this to Kenma, and especially later to Michi too. Though Michi knew you were okay, thanks to the photo Suna sent. You still felt a bit bad that you didn't tell her about anything. She didn't answer anything either. She just read the message.

But you knew that you had to talk to Kenma first, it has been a while since you two had a genuine call since you were always busy, you owed him an honest explanation.

You weren't too sure about what to say so you tried to just say anything that's on your mind and just tell him the truth.

As you almost arrived at your place, you came home to a familiar car in the driveway. It wasn't your mothers, since hers was right next to it.

Could it be..?

You unlocked your door to your mother and no other than her boyfriend in the living room. You took a deep breath before walking in.

In these past few weeks you haven't seen him and didn't bring him up in any conversation, so did your mum. So you just thought one of them finally ended things and he would be gone for good.

Guess that was not the case.

A/N: OKAY first of all i want to apologise oops, i know i haven't updated this in like 3 months. The beginning of this chapter has been in my drafts since like april lmao. I didn't really know where to go with this so i just kinda lost motivation to continue writing. (And some other private things have happened but thats besides my point lol)

I will try to regularly update this again because i have some new ideas for this fic and im excited about it hehe.

For those who follow my tiktok (riizuno), i probably wont update the story on there. I was thinking about posting some oneshots there with random idead and/or requests but idk, we will see about that. 

I HOPE YALL CAN FORGIVE ME<3