Chapter Two

"Maya! WAKE UP!"

........

"MAYA!!"

........

"Oh for god's sake!"

That's how I woke up with a book hitting me in the face. A large one at that. And the thrower? None other than my darling twin, Bella.

"What the fuck, Bella?" I screamed in anger, holding my eye in pain, "What was that for?"

Bella didn't reply to me, only gestured to the empty plane around us. Ohhhhh. The plane must have landed. I waited patiently for Bella to move out of my way so I could grab my bag, but she didn't. So, I pushed her out of the aisle, grabbed my bag and walked off the plane, not even glancing in her direction.

As I walked out, the flight attendant caught my eye. She was looking at me and smiling. 

She was cute!

I pushed that thought down immediately. Same-sex attractions weren't really accepted in my mother's house. It was never explicitly said, but I had heard comments my mum threw around the house about some of our neighbours who were "unnatural". 

I wasn't gay, I liked boys. A lot. Just sometimes I think maybe I like both. But like I said, it's not accepted.

I saw my father as I walked through the airport. This is the part I was dreading, it's not that I didn't like him. Quite the opposite in fact. He was never really a fan of me.

You see, I liked to break the rules. Drinking, mild drugs, sex... the list goes on. Doesn't really fit the family reputation of a Sheriff's daughter, does it?

"Hi Charlie," I started, "you don't happen to have any weed on you do you? I'm dying for a joint"

He looked at me unimpressed. I just smiled sweetly back at him. His gaze left mine and travelled to my twin who was walking up behind us.

They had their reunion, bla bla bla. Before I knew it, we were arriving at Charlie's house. I hopped straight out of the car and grabbed my suitcase before he had a chance to. As I walked towards the door, I noticed my motorbike parked in the driveway. Ahhhh, at least I wouldn't have to walk to school.

I wandered into the house, a feeling of nostalgia waving over me. I let out a smile.

"Maya, you're staying in the basement. I called dibs on the bedroom" Bella smiled at me, the bitchy kind that boiled my blood. 

I rolled my eyes at her and made my way downstairs. The basement was a dump, I would definitely need to sort it out at some point.

God, I need a cigarette. So, I grabbed my pack and a lighter from my carry-on bag and made my way outside.

When I got out there, I saw a man in a wheelchair and a tall, tanned boy talking to Bella and Charlie. I lit my cigarette and leaned against the wall.

"Jesus Bella. This your new ride? It's grossly cool." I smirked at her as she spotted the cigarette in my hand. She's still not used to it.

"Maya Swan! You smoke?!" Charlie questioned me

All I did was stare back at him, deliberately taking a long drag.

He sighed at me and turned around to the man in the wheelchair, who I overheard was called Billy. The tall boy walked up to me, with Bella, and introduced himself as Jacob Black. I would be lying if I said I remembered him.

"Do you need a ride to school tomorrow?" Bella asked him flirtatiously, "I could pick you up on the way?"

"Or I could give you a ride on my much cooler bike?" I laughed, taking a drag of my cigarette.

"I go to school on the Rez. Thanks though" He winked at Bella and me. 

Ugh. Gross.

I finished up my cigarette and head back down to the basement... I mean my bedroom. Gotta get used to that.

Oh well, better get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a LONG day.