(Not So) Happy Anniversary (B.T.Y.)

Start from the beginning

"Oh my God, Seb, you are so tense!" she laughed uncontrollably.

"Gia! Don't you ever dare to do that again!"

Seb admitted himself that he was afraid if there was someone who was luckier than him to steal Gia's first ever kiss. When she suddenly laughed, he knew that she just teased him.

He pushed her until she laid again on bed. He attacked her with some kisses on her lips, jaw, and neck and she felt ticklish with his stubble. And then, she tried to push him.

"Stop, Seb! You can't do that! Not during the race weekend and not when Ludwig is here with us," she said before she glanced at their son who was still sleeping peacefully on a single-sized bed.

"You are lucky today. But you should be ready because I'm gonna punish you soon," he showed his trademark smirk.

"Oh... I'm afraid," she chuckled.

Seb gave her one more brief kiss before he got up from their bed as he was about to take a bath. While, Gia made their bed while waiting for Ludwig to wake up.

---

Gia, Norbert, and Antti wore their headphones and paid attention to the screen inside the garage as the qualifying was about to start. While, Heike and Adelina were watching from the hospitality and they also had to wait for their grandson who was taking a nap.

Unfortunately, Fabian couldn't join his parents as there was an event to attend at Hockenheimring that weekend, but he had promised that he would come to the second race in Austria.

Some minutes later, when the Q1 was over, some drivers were still trying to improve their lap time. Seb was the driver at risk as he was even down to 17th. Gia didn't even want to look at the screen.

"Seb is through to Q2!"

As she heard what Antti had just said, she slowly opened her eyes and sighed a relief. But she couldn't be entirely happy as Seb was only moved up to 13th.

"Calm down, Gia," her father-in-law chuckled.

"I'm sorry, Papa. I was so nervous."

Then, they could see that Seb and his Honey Ryder were brought back to the garage by some mechanics. All drivers who went through to the next session waited inside their cars as they felt more concentrated there.

Q2 started a few minutes later. It was stressing her out as Seb was still outside the top 10 whilst the time was ticking. She understood that the midfield battle was very tight, but she really hoped that he could become the best of the rest.

The session finished with Seb failing to go through to Q3. The mechanics who also watched from the garage groaned when they found out that Seb's lap time got deleted because of track limits, which made him demoted to 14th.

Gia was sure that her husband would be nothing but disappointed with the result. She wished that there was a way she could do to help him keep his fastest lap time where he could start from P12, which was slightly better, but it was like seeing a flying pig.

After entering the garage, Seb got out of his car and took his helmet and HANS off. He also pulled the balaclava off his head. He smiled slightly and gave those stuffs to Antti.

"It's okay, son. It's tomorrow that counts," Norbert tried to cheer him up while patting his shoulder. Seb just replied with a smile. "Now I have to see Heike. We'll stay in the hospitality if you look for us."

"I'll catch you up later, Papa. I need to check in case Ludwig is searching for me," Gia replied.

When Norbert had walked to the hospitality in the paddock, Seb whispered something to Gia, "Give me five minutes and you can come to my room."

He quickly left without even waiting if she answered him. She knew that he needed some time to calm himself down. She would let him alone for a few moments, but she surely would follow him later.

"He will be fine, Gia, don't worry."

Gia nodded. "Yes, I know, Antti. I'll wait until he feels better."

So, she decided to talk to him while waiting until she could come to Seb's private room. But then, they saw Britta. "Gia, Antti, where is Seb?"

"He is in his room. He needs some time to be alone," she explained.

"Hmm okay. It's just that he needs to be in the media pen now for the interview. The sooner he can finish the interview and debrief, the better."

"I'll tell him that, Britta. Can you please wait?"

"Sure. You can talk to him first if he needs it."

Gia smiled at those two before she walked to Seb's room. As she knew that the door was locked, she slowly knocked it. But it didn't take too long until he opened it.

"Hi, Seb. I guess that it's been more than five minutes."

Seb chuckled. "Of course you can come in, my lady."

She entered the room, while he closed and locked again the door. As he needed to feel the warmth of her body, he quickly hugged her. She could hear him sigh. She let him to do that if that could make him feel better. Then, he released her as he wanted to talk. "My mistake has ruined my day."

"Seb, nobody is perfect. People make mistakes, and so do you. But this is not the end of everything. As your father said, it's tomorrow that counts."

"I'd be nothing without you all. You always have ways to motivate me."

"That's what family are for, Seb. Now I want to see your best smile. I don't want to see an unhappy Seb on our anniversary."

Hearing her last word made him smile lovingly at her. It still felt like a dream that the woman who stood in front of him finally agreed to be his girlfriend two years ago. And two years after, she had been his wife and the mother of his child.

He wrapped his arms around her waist. While, she lifted her head to look at him closely. He slowly covered her sweet lips with his and she gladly kissed him back. It reminded them of the moment they connected their lips for the first time. The kiss was getting firmer and deeper. Before he got aroused with that, he finally pulled his face away from her.

"Oh, I almost forgot to tell that Britta is waiting for you."

He grumbled. "Oh no, that's the least favourite event on race weekend. Tell her that I need to shower and change my clothes first. I'll be quick!"

He pressed his lips on her forehead before he took his race suit off while walking to a small bathroom there. While, she walked back to the garage and told Britta to wait until he finished his quick bath.

Their anniversary turned out to be a bittersweet day for him. But he tried to leave it behind and he looked forward to spend his time with his wife and son at the hotel right after he left the circuit.