01

———

———

Song Mirae ran. She ran as fast as her legs could possibly take her, her heart beating against her chest loudly as she swallowed the adrenaline that found it's way into her throat. Water rained down on her, drenching her attire as she smirked, aware that her smudged make-up now made her look insane, the way she wanted it to. Black locks stuck to her face as she brushed the damp hair back, her speed slowing down as she joined a loud crowd that were rushing out of the building. The floor now flooding with water as the loud alarms and yelling of people was it's own orchestra of sounds to her. She tried her best to act distraught by the situation, but it was harder than she thought considering she was having the time of her life.

The group was rushed down the stairs when her body was beginning to get pushed around by the amount of people were scrambling at once, out of everything that happened that day, that was the worst part of it as it lead to the last thing she wanted. The main thing she regretted was not zipping her jacket pocket. She watched as the bright blue lighter slid down the stairs, getting pushed around by wet feet across the stairwell as she tried her best to reach out for it, also trying her best to not draw attention to it. If they found out it was her who caused the mess, she would be in a lot of trouble, which was part of the risk. Her eyes had lost sight of the device and she decided there to give up, and that she should just go with the crowd in hopes that no one connects the dots. There was no way that it would be linked to her, other than the small star stickers she put on everything. She shouldn't have doubted that anyone would recognize it.

She was pushed to the back of the group, where she basically stopped to let others pass, knowing well there is no risk of this place actually burning down.
The stairwell was almost empty when she began walking down them once more, taking in a deep breath as she did.

"Song Mirae?"

———

30 minutes earlier

Jisung flicked through the comments on their vlive, laughing at a few he found funny as he showed his friend who simply shook his head at the boy, making fun of him instead.

"Mark aegyo please." Chenle read out as the rest of the boys joined in, forcing the leader into it.

"I swear these are the only comments you read like-" Mark argued.

"Gotta give the fans what they want." Haechan said back as he pinched Mark's cheeks, the others couldn't help but giggle at the two.

It was a very normal day at SM, nothing felt off. The boys practiced for their stages and ate and just did everything they normally would.

But it wasn't until the shrieking alarm that exploded through the building that made Jisung realize that it was not a normal day. His hands flew over his ears as he felt his heart beating in sudden fear. The sound was piercing as the sprinklers went off, forcing the boys to turn off the live as quickly as they could, the managers ushering them out of the building at high speed, trying to keep the idols safe. however in doing that, they had left Jisung behind.