Louis let's the younger direct them, wanting to let Harry lead the night as he wants. A blast of different smells hit Louis, each truck having a different aroma, a different style and a different stripe of people. They pass through a variety of trucks; French, German, American and finally stop in front of a Cantonese. The truck is painted in a flashy red, signature dragon tattooed proudly on the front and gold tinted lanterns hanging low with kitchen steam pouring out, making the entire vibe more indigenous.

"Do you have a problem with fish?" Harry asks softly, leaning into Louis when a group of rowdy teenagers try to enter his personal space. "I don't," Louis answers, eyes fixed on the wild bunch and hands tightening around Harry. Harry orders for the two, while Louis continues eye-shooting the group, one of the boys finally cowering away under Louis' excruciating gaze.

No one fucks with Louis Tomlinson.

"It looks like shit."

Is the first thing Louis says once Harry places their food on the small table provided by the truck. "It's a dim sum!" Harry protests, eyeing the diaper looking thing with apology. "It looks like mini diapers filled with shit then," Louis says, again, and watches as Harry bites into one, the stuffing-juice rolling down from his lips to his chin before he wipes it with his thumb.

"Eat!" Harry whines, noticing Louis simply staring instead of eating the thing. Louis clears his throat when caught, rubbing his nose with his thumb and mentally preparing himself for the diaper looking thing.

Fuck Harry Styles and his weird food choices.

*

Turns out the Cantonese shrimp dim sum also know as Har Gow—Louis totally didn't ask—wasn't half as bad. It was very flavourful, to be precise.

Louis ended up ordering another plate.

That encouraged Harry more than expected as the next thing Louis knows is, they are tasting the oddest things on the food truck's menu. Till now Louis has had Foie gras—a French duck liver delicacy, Saumagen— a German pork stomach dish and finally they decide to share a fried cheese cake from the American truck together.

All in all, most of the dishes were not as appetising as the dim sums, but the look of ardour on Harry's lovely face was enough for Louis to just push down the food. At least the cheesecake was worth it, even if he let Harry have more than half of it.

No one needs to know. 

Currently, they are walking inside the almost empty Longbottom's park, the pathway damp due to England's weather and minimal yellow-tinted lights creating a dissimilar atmosphere than the loud food truck alley. The moon peeks through the angry clouds as the thin rain bids its farewell, the tall silver birch welcoming the pair with dripping leaves and the city howls seem to fade for the two as they walk closely.

"Thank you for the lovely treat, Harold." Louis says tilting his head up and examining the tall trees, that have probably stood there longer than most of the people in London, hands stuffed dearly in his pockets to avoid the unforgiving morgue-ish early-winter cold.

"Mention that."

Harry grins cheekily, dimples and all, playing footie with a pebble and intentionally hitting Louis with it, pretending he didn't the next second. "Minx," Louis mutters, kicking the pebble back at Harry who jumps a little in defence, giving Louis a Cheshire cat smile.

"The night isn't over." Harry speaks up out of the blue, hands reaching for Louis' as he yanks the older towards a candy floss stall. "You'll be hearing from my dentist," Louis jokes as Harry eyes the candy with pure hunger—as if he didn't just eat half the food truck's junk.