Chapter Five

Kris's POV.
-
"So, were are you guys coming from?" Luhan asked being the curious boy he is.
"We just got back from a restaurant down the street." I said pointing left down the block.
"Awh, you didn't invite us?" He jokingly pouted.
In the corner of my eye I noticed Tao taking the ball from Xiumin playfully.
"If I knew you were out I would've inv-" Luhan cut me off with a light laugh, "I'm kidding."
"I know..." I smiled then looked at Tao and Xiumin playing, "Can we join a game with you guys?"
"Of course!" Luhan and I ran to where the two others were playing and joined in.
-
Third person Pov
-
The boys were playing all day instead of Tao and Kris leaving. The sun was down and Luhan and Xiumin went home. Tao and Kris were heading back to Kris' house.
Out of curiosity Tao asked, "Kris, what do you want to be when you get older?"
"Well..I have always wanted to sing or rap.. Or maybe even act. Im not sure." He shrugged.
Kris' phone vibrated. He picked it up out of his pocket to check what it was.
His father texted him, "Kris, I'll be getting off early."
"One second, Tao." Kris said getting ready to reply.
"Why?"
Kris turned off his phone waiting for his father's reply. Kris had a confused feeling and didn't understand.
"What's wrong, Kris?"
"My dad said he was getting of early. I wonder why? I hope nothing happened.."
Kris and Tao continued walking to the house but Kris was anxious thus causing him to walk a bit faster without realizing it.
"Woah, man you're walking fast." Tao pointed out jogging up to kris.
"Ah sorry, Tao. I don't mean to." Kris slowed down and looked back at his phone.
'1 new message'
Kris unlocked his phone and read aloud his father's text: "i got fired, kris." Kris' voiced faded then paused," I'll talk to you when i get home"
He glanced at Tao.
"What if I have to move now?" He said sadly.
Tao wrapped his arm around his neck, resting his arm on Kris's shoulder, "You can move in with me." He tried cheering Kris up.
"That would be great, Tao..." He clutched his phone, "I wish I could."
-
Stepping onto his porch Kris looked back at Tao who was standing steps behind him.
Kris raised an eye brow, "Aren't you coming, Tao?"
"I don't think I should.. Because your dad mi-" Kris cut him off by grabbing his arm. "No, come with me, Tao. Stay a night.. I wanna spend all the time with my only best friend if I must go back..and besides you'll be all alone in your house."
Tao didn't say a word but followed Kris into the house.
Sitting on the couch was him, Kris's father, drinking. Tao had gotten a bit frighten at the fact he'll be staying over with a drunken man. He cringed a bit and tried hiding behind Kris trying not to make it obvious.
"Kris." His father said harshly.
"Y-yes?" Kris questioned also with fear towards his drunk father.
"Since I got fired. We're moving next week."
"Next week?! Why so sudden?! Have you even found a house?!" Kris was confused yet had a mixture of being sad and mad because he didn't want to leave Tao so soon. Matter of fact, he didn't want to leave Tao at all.
His father drank some beer.
"BECAUSE I SAID SO GOD DAMNIT." His father yelled aggressively obviously very drunk within a short time. "I HATE LIVING HERE. It kills me. Everyday knowing I came here for your mother..everyday being reminded that the love if my life is dead. Gone forever." You could tell he was slightly holding back tears. He slammed his beer bottle against the coffee table located in front of the couch and snapped at Kris, "YOU'RE THE REASON WHY YOUR MOTHERS DEAD."
Kris was shocked. He became mad, being blamed for his mothers death, who wouldn't became angry and hurt?
"I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO CAUSE HER DEATH, YOU BASTARD. "
Kris looked back at Tao and commanded him to go to Kris's room without saying a word. Tao listened because Kris knew how much Tao hated the idea of yelling.
-
Tao's POV.
-
I went into Kris room and sat on his bed. I tried blocking out the noise of the yelling but it was pretty hard to.. "IF YOU WEREN'T SUCH AN ASSHOLE SHE WOULD STILL BE HERE." I never heard Kris become so angry. He's normally cool and calm.

You know, Kris never actually has told me anything about his mom. He was always to himself about it. I guess he was really close to his mom.

Through the door I could hear Kris, cold and bitterly, saying, "She's only dead because you were abusive... I would've killed myself too if I were in her shoes. I don't understand how you can blame your own son for your actions." After hearing that my mouth fell. His mom committed suicide...

I heard foot steps coming closer to the door. Kris appeared with glossy eyes and an upset look.
"Are you okay?" I asked watching Kris close the door behind him.
"I'm fine."
"Kris.."
Unexpectedly Kris began crying, slowly sliding his back against the door.
I got up and sat next to the crying boy.
"Kris, it's not your fault." I rubbed back. I never really have seen him cry like this either. Kris was always a guy who kept his emotions to himself. It hurt me seeing him like this.
"I know.." Kris looked at Tao. "I don't wanna go across the world with only him." I wiped the warm tear falling down his cheek.
"Just think, you'll make new friends. And you'll still be able to message me." Tao smiled.
"What if I can't make new friends.."
"Trust me, you will. With your looks, you'll be getting lots of lady friends especially." Tao laughed softly making Kris smile a bit.
"Thanks, Tao."
-
A few hours had past and we were both tired.

Kris began to change into his pajamas and I couldn't help but to stare at his tone, bare back. He put on his shirt and looked back causing me to look away hoping he didn't notice I was staring at him. "Aren't you going to get changed?" He cocked an eyebrow.
"Well you see Kris, I didn't bring any clothes."
"Oh..yea." Kris bit his lip thinking, which looked..pretty hot..What am I saying? No he's not hot..He's Kris. My best friend. My brother.
"Ah, I have some shorts you can borrow for pjs." He rummaged through his clothes and pulled out some basketball shorts and tossed him at me. "Actually, you can just keep them. They're practically new. Never really worn them."
"Well, thanks." I took off my pants and dressed into the shorts.

Kris sat against the headboard of his bed and I sat next to him.
"Thank you, Tao."
"For what?"
"Always being there for me...I probably sound really cheesy right now but, thank you." Kris chuckled lightly.
"And that's what friends are for." I smiled then glanced at Kris who was staring at me..oddly...
"Kris?"
Kris didn't say anything but kept staring into my eyes.
Kris leaned towards me and kissed me... on the lips..
My eyes were widen but I didn't break the kiss, Kris did.
I whispered, "Kris.."

~
Ahh sorry for all the SUPER slow updates.>~< I'm working on another story right now. It's not posted yet but if you like baekyeol, make sure to watch out for it~