i'm sorry what- (6)

Saturday
8:32am

:: Briar's POV ::

I actually woke up kinda early today. Especially since it's the weekend. I don't why I woke up early, I just did. I decide to check my phone and so far no text and no notifications.

I start to head downstairs, not expecting Sofia to be up and my mom already at work. But to my surprise, I see my mom sitting at the dinner table drinking coffee. I was about to walk up to her and say good morning but it looked like she was on the phone with someone already. I didn't wanna disrupt their conversation so I started going back upstairs. That is until she said something and started raising her voice.

"No! You are not taking them away from me. You don't even know those girls. You were gone for fourteen years! FOURTEEN FUCKING YEARS! They don't even know you. You left when Sofia was too young to even remember anything and left before Briar was even born. Jesus! Do you even know what Briar looks like?! Do you even know how old the girls are now?! You're not taking them! I don't care that you're different now. I don't care that you have a new family and are stable enough to take care of them. AND I SURE AS HELL DON'T CARE THAT YOU FINALLY MISS YOU'RE DAUGHTERS AFTER FOURTEEN YEARS! You ARE NOT their father. Biologically, yes, you're their father, but in reality, you're nothing to them. Nothing," she nearly screamed and hung up the phone.

When she ended the phone call, she started crying. I wanted to go up to her and hug her but I just stood there. I knew who she was talking to. I knew what the conversation was about. And knew I wish I didn't hear that conversation. I couldn't go up to her right now and talk. So, I just left. I went back up stairs to my room.

I got to my room and laid on my bed. I wanted to forget about the conversation I just heard. I needed a distraction. I checked my phone to see if anyone texted me. Nope. I put my phone down again and sighed. I grabbed my pillow and shoved it on my face.

"Why is no one texting me right now," I mumbled into my pillow.

As if on cue, I get a notification from Snapchat. I grab my phone and check to see what it is.

from Finn😈
(ngl that's how i see his snap being)

I smile at the notification and open it.

*on snapchat*

I laugh at the picture and snap him back

I laugh at the picture and snap him back. I start to take pictures but I look horrible in every single one of them. So I decided to fix myself up a bit. I put on some jewelry hoping it'll help a little. Thankfully, my hair was still curled a little from last night so that helped. It looked a little messy but oh well.

 It looked a little messy but oh well