Side Story 1 | Modeus

Start from the beginning

Whatever blush the horny demon once had was now completely gone, replaced by an expressionless face and squinted eyes at the arrival of this unexpected guest. Said guest was careful about where she stepped, avoiding all of the demons on the floor and recoiling in disgust when one latched onto her leg, panting from what seemed to be a wet dream.

Pushing the demon away with her foot and regaining her composure, Caramine turned to Modeus with blank eyes and blatantly stated, "I knew I would find you here. Wherever there's the scent of sex, there's you." A few seconds passed before Caramine continued. "While I have no qualms about you taking time off, that doesn't give you the justification to just leave your duties unattended without giving me any kind of heads up."

Modeus perched her brow, not at all bothered by her Warden's scolding, only slightly amused. She just just gave her Warden an eye-roll and coolly replied with, "I was just taking a break. Nothing wrong with that."

At this Caramine sputtered a series of quick and incomprehensible curses, followed by a low glare. "Nothing wrong!? Modeus, you are the Sin of Lust, and as such you have duties you need to do! Duties that you've just brushed off for the past week!"

Whatever Caramine had said fell upon deaf ears, as Modeus refused to listen. "Bah! I'll just do them later!" She threw her arms up into the air and fell back onto her bed, grabbing the book to resume reading. Caramine just stood and continued to glare in response, fists clenched tightly against her palm. Modeus wasn't fazed and just flipped through a few more pages, giggling like a love struck school girl as she read its contents.

When her superior made no move to do anything else, the warden of temptation sighed in exasperation, walking forwards and taking a seat next to Modeus. The lusty demon didn't react in the slightest, even when Caramine started shaking her shoulder and poking her cheek. Modeus had been completely absorbed into the book.

Under her breath, the tempting demon muttered, "For Satan's sake, what is so important about that book?..."

With how quiet she had whispered, she doubted that Modeus had heard her, but that was proven wrong immediately as the Sin of Lust sat up, the hearts in her eyes replaced by stars while she clamped her hands on Caramine's. The tempting demon, who was put off by this behaviour, tried to get free but found that the grip of Modeus was too tight. Caramine was a giant compared to the short stature of the demon she served, yet the lusty demon was still able to match her strength―which, mind you, is a lot considering Caramine could pick up a car with one hand.

The power of a Sin was truly a terrifying thing.

Caramine wasn't prepared as Modeus Brought her face as close as she possibly could―she could feel the warm breaths on her pale skin. Not at all caring about how close they were, Modeus exclaimed, "It's not about the book, Caramine, it's about what the book inspired me to do!"

The only emotion present on Caramines face was pure, sheer confusion which slowly melted away into a cold stare. With a ferocious growl, she told her, "I don't give a single shit about your inspiration, I care about your job and why you stopped doing it."

She struggled in the Lusty demon's grip for another moment. "In fact, why not give me an explanation right now?" she added.

Modeus finally let go of Caramine—who rubbed her arms in discomfort—and bounced off her bed. She twirled around, coming to a stop at one of the demons on the floor and running her hands through the demon's hair. The demon purred at her touch, and nuzzled into her palm while remaining asleep. Once again, a light pink covered The lusty demon's cheeks. Physical contact outside of sex wasn't something Modeus had that often, and it always made her blush.