sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

Começar do início

(Y/N) had her head hung low, not even bothering looking up to the person who just sent those girls running. Get up, she commanded herself. The humiliation and the embarrassment from that pained her broken heart. She got used to all of the violent bullying back in elementary and middle school; but it still hurts.

It pains her to see herself so weak against those b-tches.

"Hey, are you alright?" Kai asked in concern, leaning down.

"Here, stand up." Kai offered his hand, but she ignored it; and stood up herself.

"Thanks, but I could've handled that myself." She lied, she could never have handled that. She never approved of violence; all she wanted was to avoid it entirely.

"Nope, you couldn't." Kai bluntly said, smiling. "You were nearing a breaking point."

(Y/N) glared at him, but sighed in exasperation. Her (E/C) eyes stares back at Kai's, a hint of gratefulness in hers. "Thank you, I guess." She quietly said.

"I'm always here if you need help." Kai smiled genuinely. "I'll be like- your bodyguard!" Kai exclaimed cutely.

(Y/N) couldn't help but be surprised at his behavior. Kai reminded her of a carefree guy and for a moment, all her doubts on him were completely forgotten. The rumors about Kai Ratri were particularly true; how he's so intimidating and fearful.

But he's just a normal guy; well a guy who partakes into violence. She dissaproves of violence, but there must be a reason why he does that. Judging by how he acted earlier; maybe he uses violence as justice for any wrong doing. Still, violence wasn't always the answer.

This guy seemed passable. She just won't get to the bad side of him. So she won't be beaten up. "You're not so bad as I thought you were."

"You're cool." She simply said, earning a smile from the boy.

"Woah!" Kai exclaimed in shock. "Does that mean I can get your number?"

(Y/N) deadpans. "Don't push it."

"I don't think we've formally introduced ourselves." (Y/N) cleared her throat, reaching a hand out towards him. "I'm (Y/N), and I don't like people."

Kai lightly laughed and shook her hand. "Well I'm Kai, a guy literally has the whole school cower in fear when he's at presence."

"Man, must be tough." (Y/N) said, taking her hand away after shaking his hand.

"Never had friends since I'm so scary." He laughed, a hint of sadness in his voice. "Honestly, they can approach me and not get beaten up. I punch people who are in the wrong! I'm not some bully."

She stares at him and listens to his rant. "I'd rather not have people approach me."

"Why?" Kai genuinely asked.

"Because I don't like people, duh." She said, starting to walk towards the cafeteria.

"I don't want to be attached to anyone, at the moment." She said, while Kai walks by her side.

"Having some friends won't be so bad though. Just don't get too close; just hang out and have fun with them, you know?" Kai advices. "I'm sure they'll respect your privacy."

"I don't find friends necessary." She replied. "I survived being alone for two years, I think I can manage until I get out of college."

"Come on, having friends can be fun." Kai suggested.

"And are you speaking from experience?" (Y/N) asked, glancing at him.

Kai dropped a sweat. "Well, not exactly."