"Yeah and you're not biased or anything." Elena replied, before turning to me, and I couldn't blame her for being unaware of how uncomfortable I was. I knew I didn't share much with her anymore, but god - couldn't she see? After everything that had happened, was she totally blind? "What do you think?"

"I think, that I'm over this conversation." I snapped, flashing them both a sheepish grin, before turning and heading out of the gym.

___________________________

Hey, I typed on my phone, just wanted to know if you're going to the dance tonight.

I sent the message to Rebekah, before slipping my phone back into my pocket, wondering if she'd even respond. I hadn't heard from the Mikaelson sister since I'd left for Denver, and I was starting to worry. I mean, I knew that we weren't super close or anything, but I'd figured she would've at least called me once by now.

I stormed in through the front door to the boarding house, unannounced and uninvited, heading straight to Damon's room. I opened the bedroom door, and stepped inside, letting it shut behind me with a loud thud.

"You know, if you're gonna slam doors," I heard the eldest salvatore's voice from the bathroom. "I'm gonna have to start charging you for rent."

I turned to find Damon stepping out of his steam filled bathroom, in nothing but a towel that was hanging just a little too low.

"You made out with my sister, again?" I blurted out, crossing my arms over my chest.

I didn't care initially, but I knew that Damon didn't have feelings for elena and I didn't want her to get hurt. I didn't want him to lead her on.

He furrowed his brows, feigning confusion as he took a step towards me, closing the space between us. "I don't remember Elena and I kissing being any of your business, Lys." He said, before stepping past me with a nudge, dampening my shirt.

Dick.

"She's my sister." I pointed out, following him with my eyes as he walked over to his dresser. "I don't want her to get hurt. So, it is my business."

He rolled his eyes, as if I was being completely irrational and unreasonable. "Look, your sister thinks she has feelings for me," Damon explained. "she wanted to figure things out."

"And does she?" I questioned. "Does she have feelings for you?"

"I don't know," He shrugged, before his lips curved into a smirk, narrowing his eyes on me. "but it sure felt like she does.."

"Ew," I muttered, scrunching up my nose in disgust.

I understood Stefan and Elena, even though it hurt to see them together because I'd gotten caught up in my own feelings for him, they made sense. They were good together. But, Damon and Elena? Gross.

"Jealous?" He smugly asked, raising a brow at me.

"More repulsed, than jealous." I responded, before my brows furrowed with confusion. "Wait, you don't...have feelings for her?"

Damon sighed, before he folded his arms over his chest, leaning back against the dresser. "I thought maybe I did. I thought that maybe I could love Elena, but I..I just can't shake you, Lys." I didn't know whether to be happy, or sad, happy that he wouldn't betray his brother, but sad that he loved me. I wouldn't love me, if I were him. "Don't worry," He added, softening his gaze on me. "I'm gonna tell her the truth."