ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

Começar do início

Without even noticing it, my black magic swiftly swirls around all over my body, looming over my head menacingly as I say with a deadly voice, "If you take my tongue, it's only fair I take your eyes that can't seem to see the cruelty in this damn world."

Jade eyes widening, Prince Meliodas's lips quiver before he roars in laughter and points a finger at me, saying, "You dare speak to me like that?"

"I do," I say simply.

His finger comes down. "You look stunning when you smile, (Y/n)."

Eyebrows narrowing in confusion, my fingers come in contact with my lips to find that I really am smiling so I slowly question, "Are you...flirting with me?"

The Demon Prince cocks his head to the side. "Flirting? You call that flirting? Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't like you like that."

I roll my eyes. "You sound—"

"But I do like you, (Y/n)."

I raise an eyebrow and then say quietly, "I don't quite follow."

"Most of the Demons I tried to train with were rather dull," Prince Meliodas explains as his bored gaze wanders over to the large dark mountains in the distance. "None of them...got me. Which is why I only train with Chandler. Not that my father would allow me to train with anyone else."

I stay silent as I observe the powerful Demon in front of me, a Demon who I thought cared about nothing except for his mission: to annihilate the Goddess race. Those moments when I saw him in the Demon court, all I saw was an empty body with no soul, no heart, no mind. Just a Demon who was mindlessly charging his way through dead bodies, dreadful screams and blood.

"You really are beautiful."

I wrench myself out of my thoughts. "You what now?"

His dark eyes scrutinise me as he repeats, "You're beautiful, Lady (Y/n)."

Spluttering, I say, "Why do you—"

"You don't seem to think this yourself," he comments. "You should know that you are."

"My Prince, I—"

"You can call me Meliodas."

Mouth gaping, I'm about to say something else when another voice calls out, "Your Majesty!"

The eldest son of the Demon King tilts his head towards the voice and says, "Did you not see that the lady was about to answer me? I may have to rip your head off for that."

The newly arrived servant freezes at this threat and then shoots me an apologetic look, saying, "Forgive me, my lady. I was just—"

"Ignore him," I say kindly. "He's just grumpy."

From the corner of my eye, I see the eldest son of the Demon King grinning but I ignore him.

The servant goes on to say, "Your Majesty, Queen Oriana is asking that you come home—"

"Why?" Prince Meliodas questions immediately. "Is she hurt?"

The servant shakes his head and then says, "No, she's not, Your Majesty. But Prince Zeldris has disappeared from the palace and has not shown up to his lesson with Sir Cusack. She believes that you may know where he might be or can help locate him, my Prince."

The leader of the Ten Commandments lets out a tired sigh. "Again? He seems to be doing this more recently," he mutters the last part to himself but I hear him.