An Assortment Of Pranks

Sixth year;

"Is it ready? Is it ready?" Fred chanted as he burst through the door of my room, I'd long since given up asking him to knock. His hair was still damp from the shower, tousled, with strands clung to his forehead, his towel hung around his neck. Despite the many years he'd been my best friend, and the amount of time we spent together, I still always felt a little speechless when I first saw him, my palms would sweat a little, and my heart would thunder - just for those first few seconds that my eyes fell on him - until I got used to the fact the boy I was so desperately infatuated with was beside me. He collapsed next to me as I tended to the cauldron intently, peeking over the rim.

"Just about," I inspected, scooping up the contents and pouring it into a little glass vial. He quickly snatched it out of my hand, bringing it up to his eye to examine it carefully, before a huge grin took over his face and he nudged me excitedly.

"Wicked, you're a genius. What would we do without our little lady?"

The door burst open again, and George bounded in - those boys couldn't walk anywhere, or open a door calmly, one thing that had become absolute routine with the twins was that they always made an entrance, which usually meant either I made an entrance too - or, alternatively I sheepishly followed in behind them; it all depended on the circumstance.

"Is it ready?" George echoed Fred's previous words, flopping down onto my bed. Another custom with the twins was that they always made themselves at home, my dorm was their dorm, and vice versa. I'd say: "What if you burst in here and I was naked?" and they'd say: "Even better." Luckily Angelina and Katie didn't mind, as they were both fond of the twins. Fred held the vial up to him and George snatched it for himself.

"Wicked-"

"If Ron asks - you guys stole it, okay? I had nothing to do with this-"

"Whatever you say, smidge," Fred chuckled, standing to his feet, pulling me up with him. I stole the potion from George as I stood, pocketing it. "Come on everyone's waiting,"

George jumped on my back, almost flattening me as he demanded I carry him down the stairs - I made it three steps before I nearly collapsed and he hopped off, claiming I was 'too slow'. We descended the stairs, and were met by Lee, Ron, Harry, Hermione and Ginny sat around the fire. Every year, on the second of November the remaining Weasley's at Hogwarts, Harry, Hermione, Lee and I all gathered in the common room after curfew to drink hot chocolate and celebrate the fact it was 'nearly Christmas' - it could never be on the first as someone was always recovering from a heavy Halloween night. The tradition had started with Bill and Charlie, before the twins and I even started at Hogwarts.

"We'll sneak to the kitchens and bring the goods," Fred announced, "You got the cloak?" He asked Harry, who extended it towards him in response. "You coming Georgie?" George had just squeezed himself in the middle of Hermione and Ron, the latter was clenching his jaw in irritation - I caught his gaze and sent him a grin.

"No, too comfy," He responded, moving his shoulders against Ron and Hermione, making more room for himself, and annoying Ron even further.

"Just you and me then, Fredrick," I smiled up at him, "You're a lucky man,"

"Lucky?" He teased, rolling his eyes, "your short little legs are going to make this mission impossible-"

"Fine, I'll stay here then," I smirked, sitting on the arm of Ginny's chair, throwing my legs over hers. She laughed as Fred huffed.

"Oh no you don't," In one swift motion he had picked me up and thrown me over his shoulder, and was carrying me fireman style out of the common room. I squealed and hit his back, as the rest of the group laughed at us. "If we're not back in ten minutes, we've been caught-" He called over his other shoulder.