9. |VIRGIN|

It brought Aurora no surprise that she had given in to Demetri once more. Allowing him to take her on the tree in the middle of the forest; she was never very proficient at denying herself the things she wanted, and she wanted him. She couldn't imagine being at his side for the next millennium, arguing as if they were 30 year olds with Subarus and pestiferous children. Hell, she didn't even think she would live past the age of 21 and now she had forever. And she wasn't sure if she was willing to spend forever with him in a dark castle.

"I want to see the world." Aurora threw her hands up as she argued with him once again. They were in Vancouver now, in an alleyway after she had ran from him back in Forks. "I want to try hookers blood, virgin blood, blood tainted with LSD. I want to fight Mike Tyson and make him look like an idiot. There is so much more I want and none of them involve the Volturi."

"You mean none of them involve me." Demetri's shoulder sagged just the slightest. He had waited a thousand years for his mate and never would he have imagined that she would be the most hard headed, stubborn girl who would choose herself over him.

"I do not wish to be shown poisonous love. I don't want nothings whispered in my ear or chaste forehead kisses or begrudged hand holds. I don't want any of it." Her voice was firm as she placed her hands in the pockets of her jeans.

"My love is not poisonous." He gritted out. "And for you to suggest otherwise-"

"Your love is pure? Demetrius? Please I find that laughable." She scoffed.

"You have but to give me a chance to show you that what you find is false." He said.

She clicked her tongue against her teeth as she thought about his words. "Come with me then. You take the virgin, I take the hooker then we taste them on each other."

"You know I can't do that." His voice was quieter than before.

"You just don't have to guts to." She shrugged a single shoulder "Regardless it was only an offer. I'll beg for no man."

=

TW: rape and incest
"Please." An eleven year old Aurora sobbed as her father came into her room, drunk on cheap whiskey.

"Don't cry." Her father sneered. "It is beneath you."

"Daddy please." She choked out as her father brought his calloused hands to her tear stained face.

"You look just like a younger version of your mother." He cooed. "So beautiful without the stretch marks and the sun spots."

"Please don't. I swear I did not touch your film collections." She begged as she remembered the reasoning for the last time he came into her room in the middle of the night.

"This isn't about punishment darling." He tucked her hair behind her ear. "You really are very beautiful."

And just like that her father had stolen the last piece of her innocence before any boy could even lay a lust filled finger on her.

                                             =

Demetri was on his way back to Volterra with the sinking feeling in his stomach that he had made the wrong decision. In the end he just couldn't choose the girl he met less than a year ago over the coven he had spent the last 800 years with. Perhaps that made him a coward but for whatever reason, he couldn't; he didn't want a nomadic lifestyle and quite enjoyed the lavish conditions the Volturi offered.

Half of his focus was on swimming across the Atlantic Ocean and the other half was focused on Aurora's tenor. She was currently in Ontario, Canada doing god knows what with god knows who. The words she previously spoke settled deeply in his soul. She didn't belong to him she never has and possibly never will. However the thought of her with another man or woman made him nauseous, a ball of jittering wasps and hornets in his stomach that just wouldn't let up.