Part 36

Happy Reading!

P.S : in-line comments are my favourite :)

Day: Sunday

Location: Oberoi mansion

The whole family of Malhotra's and Oberoi's were in the living room of Oberoi Mansion, waiting for the Pandit to fix dates for Manik and Nandini's engagement and marriage. After a brief silence he spoke

"Engagement ke liye pehali date hai 2 weeks baad aur dusri hai 1 month baad. Shaadi ke liye subh muhurat do hai: ek mahurat hai 3 months ke baad aur dusra 6 months ke baad"

(There are two dates for engagement: first one is after 2 weeks and the other is after 1 month. For the marriage the auspicious dates are: 1st one is after 3 months and the 2nd one is after 6 months)

The elders noted down the dates and thanked the pandit. Manan exchanged glances and Nandini pouted confusing Manik. Shivaai and Om were sitting as if they were frozen, whereas the elders were happy, with wide smiles on their faces.

After the pandit left, Jaanvi turned to the Elder Malhotras and her Mother in law and asked

"Maa ji what do you think, which dates should we finalize."

"Let the kids decide, we are fine with anything" Asha Malhotra said Jaanvi looked at Manik and Nandini. Nandini was looking down and Manik was looking at her.

"Nandu, beta take some time, talk and decide, there is no pressure and no hurry. You both talk and let us know, okay?" Jaanvi spoke after getting a nod from the elders. Seeing Nandini not saying anything Manik decided to take the lead. He stood up and walked to her, kneeling in front of her, he wrapped his palms around her soft ones and softly called her name. she looked at him with the same confused expression. He stood up entwining their fingers and tugged her to stand with him. He literally had to drag her with him to her room. Making her sit on the bed, he locked the door and walked towards her again.

"Nandu" he called her softly making her turn to him.

"Manik I am confused" she told him genuinely making him smile at her innocence.

"Its okay to be confused, we don't have to decide anything now. Take sometime to think about it, I am fine with anything that you decide" he said cupping her cheeks and kissed her forehead. She wrapped her hand around his bicep and rested her head on his shoulder and sighed loudly.

"I don't know anything, you decide naa" she said after 10 minutes of complete silence.

"Okay then, how about engagement after 1 month and marriage after 6 months?" he said thinking all the pros and cons.

"Okay" she just mumbled. Manik was getting confused because of her behaviour, she was always the one who decided and now when she was not even contradicting with his suggestion, made him frown.

"Baby are you fine? Or do you want more time, I will talk to everyone" Manik suggested but she nodded her head in a No.

"Nai its fine. I am okay with it" she said looking up at him with a small smile on her face making him smile as well.

"Pakka na?" he asked and she just kissed his cheek in reply.

"Wow, this is a pleasant surprise. I wouldn't mind few more" he replied naughtily and she just slapped his hand trying to cover her blush.

"Lets go down" Nandini said trying to get up, but Manik pulled her to his lap and wrapped his hands around her waist.

"No stay for sometime, there are too many people and I will not get alone time with you" he said pouting making her chuckle. Pinching his nose, she replied