wrong bed, idiot

Walking into the premier inn that was right opposite the station, you kept your distance from Wilbur, still in shock about what had happened.

Waking up on the train had been the weirdest experience, everything warm and comfy as you opened your eyes, before realising you and Wilbur were literally cuddling on the train, his arm wrapped around yours protectively. It was...nice, but you had yanked yourself away in surprise, not able to properly enjoy it.

You honestly wanted to apologise for that, just you weren't sure how.

Sighing, you caught up to Wilbur, who was talking to the receptionist, handing over some papers that you assumed was the reservation, before taking a key with a smile, gesturing for you to follow him through the door.

Wait...he only had one key.

"Wilbur?" you leant forward, confirming the fact he only had one key. "Where's the-where's the other key?"

"What do you mean? There's only one room..."

He stopped at a door, unlocking the door with a wide smile, completely oblivious to your inner turmoil. This was why you booked stuff and not him.

"Wilbur, why did you book one room, you idiot?" you followed him in, thankful for the fact there were two beds, just so you wouldn't have to do the cliché "there was only one bed" thing. You didn't think you'd survive that.

"It was cheaper?" He shrugged his shoulders, setting down his stuff on a bed, flopping onto it.

"You are a streamer, I think you can afford two rooms at a bloody premier inn." Stopping yourself from throwing something at him, you moved over to the other bed, starting to put away some of your stuff in the drawers, organising everything while Wilbur just watched you, his stuff already somehow strewn all over his bed, a complete and utter mess. Then again, that was probably why you were his personal assistant. "I should've booked everything..."

Shoving his face into a pillow, you heard his muffled laugher, and you rolled your eyes before finding the closest thing to you and throwing it at him, a pair of socks bouncing off his head. He sat up, looking offended. "Rude." Chucking the socks back and managing to miss you entirely, he stood up, stretching. "Well, I'll go in the shower while you organise your stuff."

Flipping him off while his back was turned, you let him get in the shower, sitting slowly on your bed, resting your head in your hands.

God, this was a mess.

First, you had fallen asleep on him, and now you had to share a room. Perfect.

~~~

Hanging up your towel on the rail, you walked out of the bathroom, ready to just get to bed, assuming Wilbur was already asleep since it was so quiet.

Well, you were right about that, he just wasn't sleeping in the right place.

He was sleeping in your bed, snuggled under the covers and breathing deeply, his bed left messy and covered with his mess. Taking a deep breath, you tried not to panic right there and then, hoping that maybe in his sleepy state he had managed to accidentally walk into the wrong bed, completely missing the fact his bed was very clearly different to yours.

You didn't exactly want to sleep in his mess, so you tiptoed over to him, preparing yourself.

Lifting up the covers a little, you leant in close to Wilbur, managing to smile a little at his sleeping face-he looked so peaceful and calm, completely different to how he usually was-and tapping his shoulder. "Wilbur? Uh-wrong bed. Can you get up? Wilbur-"

Yelping in surprise, you fell onto the bed when a hand reached out to grab you, both you and Wilbur bouncing a little on the bed from the sheer force at which he had grabbed you, his arm now wrapped around you tight enough that you couldn't wriggle away. Your face was millimetres away from his, so close that you could see the faint freckles scattered across his nose. Blushing, you tried to push yourself away, eyes widening when he held on tighter.

Was this a prank? Was he awake?

"Wilbur?" you whispered, still trying to wriggle out of his arms. "If this is a joke, it's not funny."

He kept on breathing deeply, eyes firmly shut. You came to the sad conclusion that he was in fact, deeply asleep, and probably having a dream that made him grab onto you.

Sighing, you stopped trying to run away, instead leaning closer into him. He was warm and comfy, his arms protectively holding onto you-like on the train, but this time you two were much, much closer, your head resting against his chest. You could hear his heartbeat.

Maybe this wasn't so bad.

Closing your eyes, you leant against him, relaxing and trying to sleep, a smile appearing on your face even though you didn't quite know why. He murmured something in his sleep, and you looked up, frowning when you saw his troubled expression, wondering if something bad had happened in his dream.

You didn't know why you reached up and kissed him gently on the cheek, but by the time you realised what you had done, it was too late. Maybe you were scared he was going to wake up and wanted to calm him down. Maybe you were upset that he was upset. You didn't know.

All that mattered was the pained expression melted away from his face, his cheek nuzzling against the top of your head.

Feeling relieved, you closed your eyes, letting the thump of his heart lull you to sleep, feeling warm and protected.

Wilbur was surprisingly comfy.

(A/N-was this cliche? A little bit but idc :D)